German Shepherds Forum banner

Long coat GSD breeders in CT area?

5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kr16 
#1 ·
We currently have a coated female who is a wonderful dog. She is a sweet girl with a very loving and mellow temperament. For a number of reasons, we aren't seeking out the same people when looking for a new dog.

Does anyone have an recommendations? We would travel outside of Connecticut, but would want to be close enough to see the puppies in person and watch them interact to pick our pup. We had a lot of success with that in selecting our current GSD, and am hesitant of the 'you get the dog we give you' variety.

Coated is not a firm requirement, in fact we never expected to pick out a coatie with our first, but I do love her look :wub:

#4 ·
I can't think of anyone in CT (I'm from there originally) who breeds specifically for long coats, but I would avoid anyone who breeds specifically for LC's anyways. There are a few breeders in the local area (MA, NH) who occasionally produce gorgeous LC pups. What are you looking for in a dog besides coat?

#5 ·
You might try giving Olympia kennels in NH a call. They currently have a litter of 6 pups that will be ready to go at the end of May. One of the females is a long coat, and the last I heard 2 of the 4 females were still available.

They have both the parents on the premises, and, if you go on Saturday you may be able to meet a puppy from a prior breeding of these two dogs, who does training there. We're getting one of the male puppies, so obviously I think this is a good breeder and we like their dogs. The female is from the Kirschental line, and the male is a large WGSL dog.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.