Ever heard of these breeders? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2014, 03:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Ever heard of these breeders?

V Largo vom Krafthaus, SchH3 Kkl1 - Vertrauen German Shepherds

Trained German Shepherds For Sale, Trained German Shepherds, Maine New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New England, Florida, New York, New Jersey, California, Michigan, Texas

Trained Dogs for Sale, German Shepherd for Sale, Protection dog for sale, Schutzhund trained dog for sale, Trained Adult German Shepherds for Sale

German Shepherd Dog, True Haus Kennels

German Shepherd Breeders in Texas | Von Der Otto German Shepherds

These breeders seem all awesome and dogs. Again, not looking for a dog when I'm bored at night multitask and make plans for the day. Rarely home these days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I have known the Reeds (True Haus) personally for years, used to train with them. They are honest, great to work with, and they stand by their dogs. They strive for the best, and have some excellent working bloodlines. I will say, their dogs are not generally "beginner" dogs.
Freestep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would focus on type right now. You've got a couple WGSL breeders, a great WL breeder, and then one that looks more like a broker (selling trained imports, both types). Why research breeders that are selling something you may not have any interest in? Narrow down what type or lines works best for you and focus on those breeders. These breeders would probably ask you why you want one of their dogs.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I agree, you have to decide whether a working line or show line is best for you. It may actually be helpful to talk to breeders of both lines, if they are willing to spend time educating a someday-wannabe-GSD owner.

Breeders are busy folks and don't always have a lot of spare time to answer emails or talk on the phone for hours. However, some breeders enjoy educating, whether it results in a sale or not, and will talk your ear off given half a chance.

But just keep in mind, if you have questions, keep them as concise as possible. An experienced breeder could go on for days over a seemingly simple question such as "what is the difference between show and working lines?" or "what is the goal of your breeding program?". If you ask a lot of questions at once, it can be overwhelming, and may cause a delay in responding.

So keep it straightforward and right to the point. But do ask questions. You are doing important research. Just don't hold it against the breeder if they do not respond quickly (or at all). Like I said, some enjoy educating, others don't, and many simply need to limit their correspondence to those who are actively looking for a pup.
Freestep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestep View Post
I have known the Reeds (True Haus) personally for years, used to train with them. They are honest, great to work with, and they stand by their dogs. They strive for the best, and have some excellent working bloodlines. I will say, their dogs are not generally "beginner" dogs.
I agree, best to start fresh and easy. Still enjoy and live life the best my Gs and I can. I love getting out there into the world being active, youthful. Doggie competitions sounds like a lot of fun. Wish ppl would get out more with their dogs.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

I've heard a lot of good things about TrueHaus.

Harley
Black/Tan, neutered male
"American Pet Line"

Varick vom Haus Jeffery
Dark Sable, intact male
DDR/West German Show Line
HarleyTheGSD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2014, 11:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I would focus on type right now. You've got a couple WGSL breeders, a great WL breeder, and then one that looks more like a broker (selling trained imports, both types). Why research breeders that are selling something you may not have any interest in? Narrow down what type or lines works best for you and focus on those breeders. These breeders would probably ask you why you want one of their dogs.
Which 2 were u referring to?
Old 05-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Maybe a good exercise (in addition to getting out and meeting different types of GSds) is to google "working line" vs "show line", German, Check, Belgian, American etc. and really dig into the different types instead of asking for ratings on different breeders. You can also read threads on THIS forum about that (instead of creating new ones)

When you are close to making a decision and actually buying then people will be more than willing to help you out.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You get the same advice every. Single. Time. you post one of these threads- think about what type of dog you want. You're all over the place with the breeders you post- think about what your needs are, wants are, what kind of dog your lifestyle will suit and start from there. Once you've figured out what kind of GSD you want (after meeting dogs, talking to owners, etc), THEN look at breeders.
LoveEcho is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveEcho View Post
You get the same advice every. Single. Time. you post one of these threads- think about what type of dog you want. You're all over the place with the breeders you post- think about what your needs are, wants are, what kind of dog your lifestyle will suit and start from there. Once you've figured out what kind of GSD you want (after meeting dogs, talking to owners, etc), THEN look at breeders.
Don't get tge wrong ideas. This thread is not for me and not looking for advice. Not getting a new dog for awhile, right now just be around dogs. Know a lot of dogs personally and go out there to meet others. Been busyvwith school, family, and friend business so had no time for rescue organizations or spca. Need to make up for lost time I regret not taking. On the bottom line, This is just about education on breeders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.