Vom Banach DDR - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 05:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Vom Banach DDR

Does anyone here have any experience with the DDR's from this breeder. Vom Banach is (I believe) out of Washington state and I have heard some good things about this breeder. Feel free to PM me. Thanks everyone!
SC72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

I PM'd you

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

I have a dog from Vom Banach, I am very happy with him.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 04-11-2014, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Haven't heard of them. Info?
Old 04-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

PM.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Can I have info too? Just looking down the road in a year or so to get #2....
daisyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Never understood all the PM's. I thought this was a forum, with an open exchange of information?
ArizGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Fine.

I tried contacting the breeder several times via phone and email, and never received a response. Which was dissapointing as I had had an eye on irvin for years.

There are also terms with the contract I don't agree with, and I wouldn't want to own a dog with those stipulations. For example, only covering bilateral HD because the breeder believes unilateral HD can only be caused by injury or other owner faults, not genetics. I work with board certified veterinary surgeons that would disagree with that. There's just not enough evidence either way, too much we still don't know. Because it's worded so specifically it makes me wonder if there have been pups that have developed unilateral HD?

I don't agree with not guaranteeing against HD if a raw diet is fed. Many working line handlers feed appropriate raw diets.

I definitely don't agree with sedation free OFAs being a must. I will tell you, he is better now with maturing, but at a year old there is no way in **** I would of been able to get straight OFA appropriate preliminary films on Berlin. And I'm his owner, handler, and xray technician/restrainer. A complete stranger? Definitely no way. Yes, sedation can loosen hips. But realistically, if your ofas come back moderate, it's probably because your dog has HD, not because it's sedated. Berlin was fully sedated and his prelims came back good, nice tight sockets.

I question her only giving females to pet homes, and males commonly only being able to go to working homes. It's been my (granted minimal) experience that females tend to be "harder". Even with original ddr lines, I've read numerous reports of actual patrol and working dogs along the wall being female, and males simply being used as intimidation chained up along the wall. I would hope though she knows her dogs and what she produces best, so I'm hopeful that's there's a perfectly valid reason for why she places what she places.

So there, those are my problems with the breeder I expressed in my private pm. She has the right to cover whatever she wants in her warranty, and I have the right to only purchase a dog and contract I'm comfortable with. Which is why I simply found another breeder.

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 12:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizGSD View Post
Never understood all the PM's. I thought this was a forum, with an open exchange of information?
In my case it was not a good reference and sometimes we get comments from the moderators (I believe) that we cannot "put down" breeders.
I agree with you that it should be public info to help others form an opinion.
For me there were too many restrictions in the contract. The website was more about marketing and she has a lot of litters at the same time. This was during the time I was inquiring. She did take the time to talk to me though.

Last edited by wolfy dog; Yesterday at 12:29 AM.
wolfy dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I question her only giving females to pet homes, and males commonly only being able to go to working homes. It's been my (granted minimal) experience that females tend to be "harder". Even with original ddr lines, I've read numerous reports of actual patrol and working dogs along the wall being female, and males simply being used as intimidation chained up along the wall. I would hope though she knows her dogs and what she produces best, so I'm hopeful that's there's a perfectly valid reason for why she places what she places.
This is my biggest beef with the breeder. IMO, not every male is suited to a working home and not every female is suited for a pet home. That is such a broad generalization.

Plus, I want a male for my next puppy. This breeder would automatically exclude me.
IllinoisNative is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.