German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Choosing A Breeder (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/)
-   -   Researching breeders, any experience with these (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/431969-researching-breeders-any-experience-these.html)

Jmoore728 03-31-2014 01:29 PM

Researching breeders, any experience with these

Before I list the breeders, let me explain.. My current pup, Bane is doing great. Before getting Bane, it was my plan to eventually have 2 GSD. Spaced out about 2 years apart or longer if needed. No way I could handle 2 pups at the same time. Not until Bane is solid in obedience will I purchase another one.

Here is a short list, let me know if you have any feedback regarding them.

1) Policedogs.us
2) altebaumkennel.com
3) norrisk9.com
4) daelenberghutte.be
5) vombanachk9.com
6) Sportwaffen

hunterisgreat 03-31-2014 01:36 PM

Sportwaffen yes. What would you like to know?

Liesje 03-31-2014 01:36 PM

I have several friends that have imported dogs from Rinus (#4) and while some have had minor to major health issues, all seemed happy with their dogs with regard to the temperament and drive levels that were requested and the process seemed very smooth and fairly priced for an import. I think he has a good reputation and would be a breeder I'd look at when/if I'm in the market.

gsdsar 03-31-2014 01:52 PM

I have a Vom Banach pup. What would you like to know?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Jmoore728 03-31-2014 02:12 PM

Really I'm just wanting to know overall experience. Hopefully good.. Which drives your dog possess. Temperament, etc... I know it will vary every litter or import ..

Jmoore728 03-31-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterisgreat (Post 5301537)
Sportwaffen yes. What would you like to know?

I've heard great things from another member. Sounds like he has some serious dogs. I've talked to him via email

hunterisgreat 03-31-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmoore728 (Post 5301785)
I've heard great things from another member. Sounds like he has some serious dogs. I've talked to him via email

I'm thoroughly pleased with mine. He is a very serious dog. Exceptional nerve, very close balanced but works in aggression by default. Not a dog I'd try to compete in IPO with, but a dog I'd prefer at my side when passing through the rough side of town. Very calm and level headed. Very clear under strong pressure from the decoy.

Jmoore728 03-31-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunterisgreat (Post 5301825)
I'm thoroughly pleased with mine. He is a very serious dog. Exceptional nerve, very close balanced but works in aggression by default. Not a dog I'd try to compete in IPO with, but a dog I'd prefer at my side when passing through the rough side of town. Very calm and level headed. Very clear under strong pressure from the decoy.

Kind of dog I want. As long it's clear headed and can be a part of my family, it will work. I plan to work him/her also.. Exceptional nerve, very balanced, calm, everything I'm after..
Was Stuka the father of your dog? He can't breed anymore. He plans to use Fyke on most breedings this year.
Fyke Van't Leefdaalhof

Nate said Fyke was a kicka&$ dog. I'm def interested in possibly getting a Sportwaffen dog when the time comes.

Jax08 03-31-2014 02:30 PM

I've met two Alte Baum dogs. One I liked and the other I didn't. Different breedings. Both nice dogs, the one just wasn't for me. Definitely a breeder I would look more closely at if I was in the market.

hunterisgreat 03-31-2014 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmoore728 (Post 5301857)
Kind of dog I want. As long it's clear headed and can be a part of my family, it will work. I plan to work him/her also.. Exceptional nerve, very balanced, calm, everything I'm after..
Was Stuka the father of your dog? He can't breed anymore. He plans to use Fyke on most breedings this year.
Fyke Van't Leefdaalhof

Nate said Fyke was a kicka&$ dog. I'm def interested in possibly getting a Sportwaffen dog when the time comes.

Yeah I heard Stuka was retired. Nate knows his stuff. I trust his decision making with dogs & breedings