German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Choosing A Breeder (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/)
-   -   Has anyone heard of Sander-Haus and Pine Hill Breeders? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/431513-has-anyone-heard-sander-haus-pine-hill-breeders.html)

sbigbee 03-30-2014 01:54 PM

Has anyone heard of Sander-Haus and Pine Hill Breeders?

Hello,

I've been researching GSD breeders in MD, VA, and PA and have settled on two possible breeders. I've been using the German Shepherd Dog Club guidelines in breeder selection to help cull through the multitude of GSD breeders available. Has anyone any experience with:

Sander-Haus
Pine Hill

We recently lost our female Shepherd (mid January) and in the spring or summer would like to obtain a puppy. We are looking for a companion although I'm interested in agility training. I would welcome advice and recommendations. Also, if you have any experience with the above breeders, or their progeny, please let me know.

Thanks

JakodaCD OA 03-30-2014 02:45 PM

I can't comment on the ones you've posted.

but the area you listed, I'd check out johnsonhaus. I'm sure others will chime in with recommendations.

wolfstraum 03-30-2014 03:27 PM

One of the breeders you list is European show lines - the other American show lines....

I would suggest researching types before you make any commitment to any breeder....the differences between types can be as wide as choosing different breeds.

If you have any interest in any sport - I would look to working lines (European)... board member Christine Kemper has working line dogs which are partially East and West German and are going to be more suitable for your stated goals. Blackthorn Kennels in VA

Lee

sbigbee 03-30-2014 04:33 PM

Thank you very much. I will research the differences and have already had a look at the website for Blackthorn. I appreciate your help. Both breeders I reference I received their names through the GSDC.

Xeph 03-30-2014 08:59 PM

There's no reason an American line can't do agility. I've done it with them. There are MACH and PACH AmLines out there. The Pinehill dogs are pretty moderate animals, and you could likely be successful with them

VickyHilton 03-30-2014 09:24 PM

We LOVE our Sander-Haus dog

He has the best temperament imaginable...so tolerant and loving. He is the best companion pet ever. He does have environmental allergies (dust, cats, storage mites, red cedar, german cockroaches) and food sensitivities (lamb, beef, milk), but he is beautiful and smart and the best additional to our family.

gsdsar 03-30-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VickyHilton (Post 5298057)
He does have environmental allergies (dust, cats, storage mites, red cedar, german cockroaches) and food sensitivities (lamb, beef, milk), .

Not to make light of your boys allergies, but German Cockroaches??? Better than French ones I suppose.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

lhczth 03-30-2014 09:37 PM

I also would recommend Blackthorn.

VickyHilton 03-30-2014 09:37 PM

Yeah, pretty amused by the German caveat. :) Our boy is meant to be outdoors herding in a deciduous birch Forrest (or like) in Germany. Without cats.

JakodaCD OA 03-31-2014 07:48 AM

oops and I forgot Blackthorn , would ditto checking them out as well