Any experience with Von Walberg in Washington - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2014, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any experience with Von Walberg in Washington

I was wondering if anyone had had any experience with this breeder in Washington state?

Brando GSD 2/14/94 -6/17/03 RIP
Julietta GSD 4/4/03 -11/23/13 RIP

Rest in peace my babies.
Brando & Julietta's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Experience with Von Waldberg in Washington?

I am really surprised that none have had a experience with this breeder. He has been around for over 30 years and I just noticed a thread below with over 2000 views and not one person has related a past experience to Von Waldberg in Washington state?

Brando GSD 2/14/94 -6/17/03 RIP
Julietta GSD 4/4/03 -11/23/13 RIP

Rest in peace my babies.

Last edited by Brando & Julietta's Dad; 03-16-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Brando & Julietta's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

I have no experience with this breeder and, to my knowledge, have never met any of their dogs.

That said, based purely on looking over the website, this is not a breeder that I personally would buy from. As best I can tell, this is an importer/broker rather than someone who maintains their own generational breeding program (and the website logo says as much, although some of the content is more ambiguous).

All of the breeding dogs are imported as pre-titled adults from outside kennels; none appear to be from the breeder's own lines. Additionally, all of the breeding dogs are for sale, so there's no intention to hold any of them back either. I don't see any indication that the kennel owner is actively training, showing, or trialing his own dogs.

So to me this looks like a commercial importer and dealer who brings in dogs, breeds them, sells the puppies, and then sells off the parents as well. That's not necessarily a bad thing and it could work perfectly well for you, particularly if you're familiar with the kennels and bloodlines behind any specific dogs you're considering. It's just not what I personally would prefer in a breeder.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

I've met a few Von Waldberg dogs and the owners that I've met have been very pleased with them. I considered them when we were looking for a pup.
blehmannwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had the best GS she was smart, easily trainable, went from defense to family dog easily,very sociable and the most drop dead beautiful dog you ever saw..people would just stop and look at her. She had excellent health and we lost her at 8 years old due to abduction/highway fatality. The breeder was great to work with and I had her flown from Washington to Buffalo NY. Phil would take any of my calls even years later to answer questions.
Zoie's father was a Western Canadian Schuz Champ and her breeding shown through with us.
Take a cue from my experience and get a GPS chip if you are going to invest in one of Phil's dogs.
parkside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

I bought a pup dog from them 3 years ago- a Remo progeny imported here- I am told Phil is a Reverend- had nothing but the worst experience and follow up with him- actually went to BBB about him. His hips had issues and he disputed the U of Florida Vet School findings- that is attitude!
Other breeders in the area verified my findings. I wanted a Remo son and he had him.
FYI he is the dog on the far left in the picture.
armauro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.