Breeder Suggestions please!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Breeder Suggestions please!!

Hello- I, too, am looking into purchasing a pup from Windy Acres Shepherds and am looking to possibly talk with someone whom has previously purchased a puppy from this breeder. I unfortunately ended up purchasing a dog from another breeder without doing a whole lot of homework and he ended up getting sick. My boy, Frankie, was only two when I had to put him down because of Immune Mediated Thrombocytopenia. Nobody knows if it is genetically passed down or if it was triggered by immunizations, etc. So I cannot necessarily blame the breeder, but at the same time, I cannot count her out as the reason. I obviously was completely heartbroken to lose him at a young age and I, of course, want to prevent that in the future. If anyone could give me any advise on this breeder or recommend one to me, that would be great. I have found bad reviews on pretty much every breeder that I have looked into and I have had some trouble deciding on one. I am looking for a large, red and black male with a medium drive. I am looking for a guy who has an on/off switch as I intend on putting him through numerous obedience classes, though I want him to be laid back when it's time to unwind. We are looking to get a pup sometime mid/late summer and I am wanting to spend no more than $1,800. Help please!! haha.
Kbskopec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Make sure you take the hours to go thru --> How to find a puppy!

And it should help if you put your GENERAL location up in the User CP so it shows up to the left of each of your posts.
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?." ANONYMOUS
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Okay, I will definitely go through that, thanks for the tips! Honestly just from putzing around on here for an hour or so and then going back to the Windy Acres site, sadly, I am completely turned off to the idea of purchasing a puppy from her- especially after rereading her contract and picking up on little things which I did not notice before.

So onto more research! If anyone could suggest a breeder to me, in or in states surrounding Illinois, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am looking for a West German line, preferably a red and black male. I would one who has an on/off switch as I intend of putting him through obedience and schutzhund, though would like a laid back dog during downtime. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!

Katie
Old 03-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is this Windy Acres in Dickson, TN? If so, please PM me, my son purchased a dog from them and I'm sure would be happy to talk to you.
LoriH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nebraska is a little far (we live in Iowa so it wasn't as far) but we purchased a pup from Vom Engel Shepherds in Milford Nebraska. It about an hour West of Omaha. They have dogs that fit your description well, thats about what we were looking for, and thankfully what we got! It was also one of the most reasonably priced breeders we found. PM me if you would like more information Including pictures of our now 5 month old.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Attached Thumbnails
Breeder Suggestions please!!-1394661811293.jpg   Breeder Suggestions please!!-1394661835234.jpg  
Rommel - GSD furball
Cloud, Scarlett, Big Girl, and Jarvis - Red Tail (Colombian/Central American) Boa Constrictors
B&Cgetapup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You have multiple breeders that breed hip certified, working titled showlines in your area, KY, TN and GA.

Huerta-Hof up north, Schneiden Fels and Drache Feld in KY and von Lotta in GA.

Those are the ones that I can think of very quickly off the top of my head. Dogs that I have seen from their breeding programs are solid.

Which Windy Acres?
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Look at Crooked Creek Ranch -
https://www.facebook.com/35665177852...type=1&theater

That litter has working home only males available - black and reds. They have dogs working in SAR, SchH, in training to be blind guides, OB champions...

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
SunCzarina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

LoriH, I think your son purchased his puppy from Windy Acres Kennels, I was going to purchase my pup from windy Acres Shepherds out of Ohio.

Everyone else, thank you for the recommendations as I will check everyone out. I appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.