A good breeder? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question A good breeder?

Alright so we are currently looking for a good reputable breeder. Because in just 2 weeks we are hoping to have our new gsd pup So ive been skimming The internet for a good breeder for quite some time now. I have come across a few breeders but I wasn't sure if they were actually as good as they said they were. I have a hard time believing wat people tell me because of the last incident I had with a previous gsd breeder. Long story short, he lied a lot about his dogs and for some stupid reason I believed him just because he said he was a reputable breeder. So anyway I came across this one breeder who said a ton of good things about his/her dogs and sounded like he/her knew about the breed. Then we contacted them and we asked if they kept their dogs inside or outside and they said outside. And all the puppy pics were taken outside, so im asuming that the pups are kept outside too. Them when we told them that we didnt want a puppy from a breeder who keeps his dogs outside, he said the puppie scan become anything we want them to be (indoor or outdoor). I personally am definitely against keeping any breed of dog outside. So I guess what my question is ... Is this breeder a good breeder or a bad breeder? I feel like he/she is a backyard breeder but im checking with u guys just in case
Germanshepherdlover2507 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

It depends. Many breeders have multiple dogs and it's easier for them to be kenneled outside, the dogs have more room than a crate inside.

I would not rule out someone whose dogs were kenneled instead of inside because of that.

But you are setting yourself up for a spur if the moment purchase by setting a timeline on purchase. I would find a breeder you like, and then wait for an available puppy. Not look for a breeder that happens to have one ready in you set timeline. Not that it CANT work out, but I would not go that route.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Thats all I needed to know And your right about finding a puppy that fits into my timeline, I just think it would be nice.
Germanshepherdlover2507 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think finding a puppy from a responsible breeder in two weeks will be a challenge. Are you looking on classified ads or are you actually researching lines/breeders? If so, I'd skip the ads. There are a few facebook pages with breeding announcements and pups for sale, that may be a better way to go than the ebay/puppyfinder sites. Not that you are doing the puppyfinder, but most good breeders don't need to advertise on such sites.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Default A good breeder?

Start by your location. Search within how ever many miles your willing to drive.

Then make a list of all the breeders you like within your distance.

Make a list what you like and dislike.

Weigh everything out.

I drove 7 hours for my puppy. He was the best option for me, don't regret it at all.
nikon22shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

You are picking something that will be in your life for the next decade or more. I would devote more than 2 weeks to that decision.
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ive actually been looking for a good breeder for a few months. Im just saying that we would like to have our puppy in 2 weeks. We don't have to, I just thought it would be nice to have him at the beggining of spring break
Old 02-28-2014, 02:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Like gsdsar said, I wouldn't rule them out.

I just personally like getting mine from more close knit breeders who do live with them / keep them inside. When I picked up my last pup, he was sitting on the couch with the breeder's toddler watching Curious George LOL.

So I say it's all about personal preference

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Mocha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 03:27 AM   #9 (permalink)

Curious George is way to violent for my puppy to watch.

Albus "Dobby" Van Meerhout
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/germ...y-van-meerhout
DobbyDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 04:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

Lol nice
Ya I think im gonna go with a breeder that keeps his dogs inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.