German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Choosing A Breeder (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/)
-   -   Dog looks weird (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/413474-dog-looks-weird.html)

cltyus 02-19-2014 08:37 PM

Dog looks weird

Hey I had a guy recommend a small kennel that looks kinda backyardish to me and wanted one of you vets to look for me. I am looking for an active working line dog first as a family companion, protective, stable temperament, etc that can also do sports. I looked at this kennel called Tonti trail. The male of the breeding looks alright.

Landon von Schone Stadt

That's his pedigree, the mom looks weird to me, maybe she's chunky or something idk, but can you look at pedigree ? They have just her mom and dad's pedigree under her name for some reason....

Here she is...named vala

Females

Vala's sire
FARVE VON SCHNEIDEN FELS CHAOS

Vala's dam

Cami Von Gotter Schopfung

Something about vala looks weird to me, but I'm a rookie, her parents look fine though! Please give me your input.....thank you guys

my boy diesel 02-19-2014 10:25 PM

i thought i was looking
at a shelter or rescue page
wow

onyx'girl 02-19-2014 11:14 PM

I'd keep looking...nothing on that site would have me support that breeder.

cltyus 02-19-2014 11:32 PM

Thanks guys, i didn't think I was crazy, the dogs don't look happy lol

LeoRose 02-20-2014 03:32 PM

What really looks weird is their "health guarantee", especially this part: "The puppy will be named with the litter letter beginning the first name and "vom tonti" as the ending. For example a pup from the “A” litter could be named Alix Vom Tonti. If a pup is not registered in this manner the health guarantee is void.". I've seen "health guarantees" that required you to feed a certain brand of food or give a certain vitamin supplement, but this is the first one I can remember that is voided over the dogs' name.

misslesleedavis1 02-20-2014 03:40 PM

Poor Brita, only 100.00, she looks used hard,

misslesleedavis1 02-20-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoRose (Post 5056570)
What really looks weird is their "health guarantee", especially this part: "The puppy will be named with the litter letter beginning the first name and "vom tonti" as the ending. For example a pup from the A litter could be named Alix Vom Tonti. If a pup is not registered in this manner the health guarantee is void.". I've seen "health guarantees" that required you to feed a certain brand of food or give a certain vitamin supplement, but this is the first one I can remember that is voided over the dogs' name.

Why would that be?

Kayos and Havoc 02-20-2014 04:31 PM

Run -- fast. Keep looking.

Liesje 02-20-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoRose (Post 5056570)
What really looks weird is their "health guarantee", especially this part: "The puppy will be named with the litter letter beginning the first name and "vom tonti" as the ending. For example a pup from the A litter could be named Alix Vom Tonti. If a pup is not registered in this manner the health guarantee is void.". I've seen "health guarantees" that required you to feed a certain brand of food or give a certain vitamin supplement, but this is the first one I can remember that is voided over the dogs' name.

Many breeders require this naming scheme but just write in the first letter on the registration paper. When you agree to buy the puppy, you agree to the naming scheme. Holding the health guarantee hostage is kind of a weird thing to do, but the naming scheme is not.

Msmaria 02-20-2014 04:55 PM

Just wondering, from a person that has no idea what to look for in a breeder, what is so bad about this one? Everyone is saying run but not why. I cant imagine the only reason is the name clause in the health guarantee.