German Shepherds Forum banner

Breeder advice pleaseqp

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Seer 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I am new here and have been researching and shopping for moooonths now, I am looking at schone stadt kennels. If anyone knows of these dogs, or can take a look, and let me know what you think please i would appreciate it. The breeding is between faro and Elsa. They are not very expensive ($1100), and they communicate great! I am open to other breeders in the Midwest for around the $1500 price for working lines as we'll if you know any! I do not want the highest drive dog by the way, medium will be great. I am also looking at crooked creek, but want input on schone stadt first, I know that crooks creek is great.

Let me tell you what I am looking for.....i want an active family member first. He will be a companion that I hike, run, fish, and hang with . I will definitely do obedience classes and am very interested in dog sports and schutzhund. I have a three year old, so I need a genetically stable dog with good house behavior.

One thing that I love about the GErman shepherd is their natural protective ways, and the fact that they are, or should be, aloof from what I understand. With that being said, I have plenty of guns, but i need a nice buddy that would let me know at 4am, somebody is at my back door trying to get in so I can greet them. I do not need a dog to bite necessarily, just another set of eyes to watch over my daughter with me. Lol

I see a few breeders that pride themselves on the natural protectiveness of their dogs. Is it possible that people are producing naturally more protective dogs? If so, that is what I desire, not a dog that is too friendly like a Labrador, but not Cujo crazy.

Sorry for the post, I am brand new, and I love the forum and info by the way guys!

See less See more
#2 ·
I have heard nothing but good things about Schone Stadt, a friend of mine has one of their dogs, and says he's amazing:) I can put you in touch with her if your interested, pm me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.