German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Choosing A Breeder (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/)
-   -   Reputable breeders (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/403994-reputable-breeders.html)

Airman1stclass 01-29-2014 09:03 PM

Reputable breeders

So I'm looking for an active sable pup from a reputable breeder. A pup that can be trained in protection work. It also has to be able to be around lots of kids and other dogs because the neighborhood I live in is filled with both. So solid nerves as well. States I wouldn't mind going to for the right breeder/dog is Ny, Nj, Pa, Va, Md, Ct, De, and D.C.. If anyone can recommend breeders they have their dog from or just good breeders you heard of please let me know. Any info provided is very much appreciated.

Momto2GSDs 01-29-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airman1stclass (Post 4930290)
So I'm looking for an active sable pup from a reputable breeder. A pup that can be trained in protection work. It also has to be able to be around lots of kids and other dogs because the neighborhood I live in is filled with both. So solid nerves as well. States I wouldn't mind going to for the right breeder/dog is Ny, Nj, Pa, Va, Md, Ct, De, and D.C.. If anyone can recommend breeders they have their dog from or just good breeders you heard of please let me know. Any info provided is very much appreciated.

You can't go wrong with any of the breeders on this site! It was created by Wildwolf and others from this blog!;) Great info!
Breeder Directory - German Shepherd Guide

Moms:)

Airman1stclass 01-29-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs (Post 4930370)
You can't go wrong with any of the breeders on this site! It was created by Wildwolf and others from this blog!;) Great info!

Thank you sooo sooo much. We really appreciate this!!!

Momto2GSDs 01-29-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airman1stclass (Post 4930386)
Thank you sooo sooo much. We really appreciate this!!!

You are very welcome!:D They put an awesome site together!
I'm sure there is a "sable" in there somewhere for you!;)

Jax08 01-29-2014 09:48 PM

There are a couple breeders in that list I'm not impressed with.

Why don't you find a couple of clubs to go visit this summer and watch the dogs? I'm sure you'll find some that you like and then follow up with the breeders.

Airman1stclass 01-29-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax08 (Post 4930666)

Why don't you find a couple of clubs to go visit this summer and watch the dogs? I'm sure you'll find some that you like and then follow up with the breeders.

Way ahead of you. I've been emailing breeders to find out if I can go watch them train and things like that. Just thought I'd still ask anyway.

KZoppa 01-29-2014 11:17 PM

OP, my pup is from Weberhaus in Kansas. He's been a blast though at this age, he still drives me a little bit crazy though I wouldn't have it any other way. Cant be too easy!

He's out of the Dragon/Asko T-litter. He was the red collar male. Malinda has been nothing but supportive and helpful with any questions I've had regarding his parents and their temperaments and such. She's very knowledgeable.

martemchik 01-29-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs (Post 4930370)

Lol...a recommendation that's a who's who of breeders on the forum...

Have you met any of those dogs? Breeders in person? Seen them work? Seen what their dogs produce? Do you have dogs from each one of those breeders so that you're willing to give a first hand review of them?

Should mention that the website is made by a person that's on this forum as well and was made after the person spend a lot of time on this forum, not before.

GatorDog 01-29-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jax08 (Post 4930666)

Quote:

Originally Posted by martemchik (Post 4931242)
Lol...a recommendation that's a who's who of breeders on the forum...

Have you met any of those dogs? Breeders in person? Seen them work? Seen what their dogs produce? Do you have dogs from each one of those breeders so that you're willing to give a first hand review of them?

Should mention that the website is made by a person that's on this forum as well and was made after the person spend a lot of time on this forum, not before.

This.

And from my own personal experiences, I will recommend Deb Zappia and Jody Potter in NY at Proformance K9.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Zookeep 01-29-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martemchik (Post 4931242)

Have you? Can you recommend better WGSL breeders than Huerta Hof or Alta-Tollhaus? Can you recommend a better WLGS than Wildhaus?