German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Choosing A Breeder (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/)
-   -   Odd? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/396097-odd.html)

Lobobear44 01-14-2014 05:25 PM

Odd?

Isn't odd that a breeder would breed a 6-year-old female dog and a 2-year-old male? When I get a German shepherd he's going to be a companion who I can do anything and go anywhere with him/her.

onyx'girl 01-14-2014 05:26 PM

what is so odd about the age? If the breeding is a good pedigree match and the dogs have their health tests and hopefully titles, the difference in age doesn't matter. Not like she's a cougar, lol

DutchKarin 01-14-2014 05:29 PM

What do you think is odd? It really is a human construct that the male should be same age or older.

Lobobear44 01-14-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyx'girl (Post 4833753)
what is so odd about the age? If the breeding is a good pedigree match and the dogs have their health tests and hopefully titles, the difference in age doesn't matter. Not like she's a cougar, lol

But it's like a 18-year-old bearing childern with a 42-year-old.

stmcfred 01-14-2014 05:37 PM

They are dogs. NOT human so it is not like an 18 year old bearing children with a 42 year old.

JakodaCD OA 01-14-2014 05:37 PM

but they aren't humans:) so no I don't think anything is odd about it either

misslesleedavis1 01-14-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyx'girl (Post 4833753)

Oh she is a total cougar.Getting her cougar on lol you will find her at the bar hammered no expression (botox) prowling for that one lucky young stud.

jocoyn 01-14-2014 05:41 PM

Well they are dogs. I doubt they really think about such things and when they mate she is pretty much a single mom and dad is the sperm donor. Often the male does not live anywhere near the female and sometimes the sperm is inserted by a vet.

The sperm are always younger than the eggs. The female is born with all the eggs she will ever have. The male is constantly creating new sperm so if you look at it that way......

selzer 01-14-2014 06:03 PM

Dogs do not worry about age. That's a human obsession.

If you give a dog dog-cake and treats and toys on its birthday he will be happy. Of course if you do this on a day that is not his birthday, he will turn up his nose, say "Speak to the paw" and go and baptize your dress shoes.

They're dogs.

SuperG 01-14-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchKarin (Post 4833769)
What do you think is odd? It really is a human construct that the male should be same age or older.

So dogs are not that concerned about having trophy bitches ???

SuperG