Shepinois Breeders - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shepinois Breeders

Does anyone know of any reputable Shepinios breeders. I am looking for pedigrees that are fully titled and well bred. I am all ears......well eyes.
Coastie01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Sorry, this gave me a chuckle! Can't decide, so going to get the best of both worlds?

Good luck in your search, whatever you end up getting!
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

LOL yah I kinda laughed when I posted it too. I am just looking at all my options.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Actually they do kind of sound like the best of both worlds, when I was just reading up on them. It said they are healthier than the typical GSD, not as sharp as a Mali, but smaller and more agile?

Still, I'm not sure how reliably they turn out like that, but it does seem like they have the potential to be the best of both worlds, so it might be your answer.

Good luck!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have worked with some amazing Shepinois. They are relatively new though so that is why I am looking for a good breeder.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

combination , in my opinion , improves the mal part but not the GSD . nothing beats a good GSD -- more complex thinking dog taking initiative .

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Yeah I love my GSD, I have to say. They are so intelligent and have such great personalities. I wish the breed were healthier though
Old 12-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie01 View Post
Does anyone know of any reputable Shepinios breeders. I am looking for pedigrees that are fully titled and well bred. I am all ears......well eyes.
Don't do it! Research proven dogs and narrow down to a breeding (GSD or Mal).
Packen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

breed IS healthy - depends on where you look.

lots of malinois depart early from metabolic problems -- exercise induced collapse -- have heard of Mals dieing on the track . I asked the LEO do you mean they lost interest , motivation. Answered very quickly , no , as in body needs to be removed dieing.

I have had the opportunity to play around with some mals . Youth dogs in prep for ring competition . Extremely easy to activate into prey . One was over the top when something was in motion -- but the moment it was still no interest , no hunt drive to find something hidden. Distracted . Would go off course or task , investigate and come back . That is why I got this particular dog to work with to see if I could condition him . Even took him to do ball work in our cinder block barn -- no distractions . Great guns until the ball stopped . No change for better when distractions present outside . Too much prey.

The breed as a whole, in my opinion is great to work under direction . A dog that reacts or acts on command .
A GSD is more inclined to make good decisions , use intelligence.

I know that Tiekerhook was creating mixes of GSD for work purposes -- off registry .

I have no problem with mixes for WORK . A malinois would not be my first choice . Of course my intents would be a super , improved GSD . Genetically based on the canine genomic study malinois and GSD do not come from the same genome input . I would select something closer in historic origin. Been thinking about this for decades .

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

That makes sense Carmen You have forgotten more about GSD's than I'll ever know. lol

My first experience with a GSD has not been so great, unfortunately. Good enough that I'm sold on the breed and I adore my dog, but for my next dog I know things I would do differently, even though I thought I was doing everything right. Maybe I just have bad luck.

anyway, sorry Coastie, didn't mean to derail your thread (something I'm very good at)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.