Wanted: Black & Red - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2013, 02:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wanted: Black & Red

I'm looking for a breeder of quality black and dark red GSD, (not black & red sable) with broad heads, 75 + lbs females and 100 + lbs males, NOT sloped!! (also no roach backs), ears that point directly up (not to the sides), family type dog personality's (not shy but also not overly aggressive), not too much scruff around the neck.
I've been able to find some gorgeous dogs that meet all my criteria, except the slope back (and that is definitely one thing I am not giving on). I've found that once you get into the no sloped working lines, they tend to look kind of sloppy, with scruffy necks and floppy ears (and I have been unable to find the deep red as well)!
If anyone has any breeder recommendations please let me know!
Tango7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

It will probably be somewhat hard to find dogs that far out of regulation weight wise, and also not good for the dogs health.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Google big boned GSD breeders.
Donovan514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Long Coat German Shepherd Breeders of Long Coat German Shepherds - Long Coat German Shepherd puppies for sale
Donovan514 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Are you looking at the dog in motion or just pictures of the dog stacked? If you're looking at a proper stack...the back will be sloped no matter what. If you see the dog stand regularly, or move, the back will tend to flatten out if its properly conforming.

Even my dog, a working line who can use more angulation in his rear end, has a sloping back when he's stacked. He also doesn't look sloppy and has a very strong ear set. Surprisingly I personally find that its more the larger show lines that have weaker ears as the actual ear tends to be bigger.
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sounds like you are looking for a German working line. They tend to be less sloped and pretty dark pigment. However, they may or may not be the weight you are looking for. Weight really isn't what breeders breed for, height is. So you could end up with that weight. But any working line, which are the non sloped lines, are going to be more drive and if that is not trained properly and given a good outlet can lead to or appear like aggression. And Martemchik is right...even working lines can appear sloped if in a stack position. Not as dramatic as show line, but still sloped.
BriskaBoo13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

I meant to say WEST German working line.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Xeph Send a message via Yahoo to Xeph

Quote:
But any working line, which are the non sloped lines
Sorry, this is a misnomer, and one that really bothers me.

A correctly angulated dog will have good bend of stifle and not be so stick straight in the rear that the top line doesn't change in stack.

OP, you kinda describe a WL structurally, but it terms of color, Black and Tan saddled dogs are hard to find in those lines. You can find blankets and bi colors, but saddles are difficult to come by

Strauss: Service dog/old man
Wesson: The soon to be champion
Loch: Service dog in training
Barrett: The Frikken Tikken
Xeph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeph View Post
Sorry, this is a misnomer, and one that really bothers me.

A correctly angulated dog will have good bend of stifle and not be so stick straight in the rear that the top line doesn't change in stack.

OP, you kinda describe a WL structurally, but it terms of color, Black and Tan saddled dogs are hard to find in those lines. You can find blankets and bi colors, but saddles are difficult to come by

Oh gosh, you are so right, I didn't really word that properly, cause shepherds are all sloped but in a stack working are less sloped in appearance. So for the OP I was thinking that would be what he was thinking about. You can stack any line and get a major slope but the top line tends to be straighter on a working line. And yes, not many saddle backs with the working lines but some pretty dark blacks with red highlights (legs, sometimes head, bi-color)
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sounds like you are looking for this? I found her in rescue. Which is why she is missing her tail. But she is West German Show Lines.

shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.