Reputable Breeders in Michigan? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Reputable Breeders in Michigan?

Hi guys,

I am thinking of adding a 2nd shepherd to my home once my 10 year old great dane passes. I have a 1 year old Shepherd now who is the apple of my eye. She is very sweet and outgoing. She is from West German bloodlines. I am thinking of getting another West German bloodline or maybe American lines. Either way, I am looking or a pet with medium drive - even lower would be okay. I want another pup with an outgoing, sweet temperament. I love long coats. I am willing to take on a special needs pup (needs medication, surgery, has seizures, etc.) or one with a birth defect (inverted vulva, etc.) as long as the defect does not result in a shortened life span. I want a pup from a reputable breeder who checks hips and health. I do not want a pup from ** kennel names removed by ADMIN**, so please do not suggest these breeders. Thanks for your suggestions!
Kejasa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Robin Huerta is very recommended in this site, that made me get in touch with her and and couldn't be more happier, I'm getting a pup from her in January. She's an excellent person, very receptive and will answer any questions you have

Huerta Hof German Shepherds

Helios, 3 YO GSD
Otto, 3 YO Yorkshire
Popi, 12 YO Pekingese
Boni, 12 YO Pekingese

Jessie, 5YO Yorkshire
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

The 2 German show line breeders you said you aren't interested in are the ones I'd generally recommend looking into first here in MI. If you don't want to consider either of those, going a bit out of state to Illinois and talking to Robin Huerta would be the way to go.

In MI for American lines there is Laramie. I don't really know them or their dogs but have run into a couple dogs from their breeding over the years and those two dogs were nice, so they may be worth contacting too.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
"I like Daffy" Moderator

I knnow Judy from Laramie. She would be a great place to go. Laramie German Shepherds

Also you might consider Denise at Deestraum. I have one of her dogs. We do obedience and agility. Deestraum German Shepherds, est. 1983
Home of Ch Doll; U-CDx Jag CDX GN RE NAP NJP OA AXJ(ch ptd); and Ch. Fisher (Mr. Evil)
At the Bridge: Ch Kahla CD; Ch Keno UD HSAs OA; Ch Kizzy HSAs RE; Ch Tag CD RAE2; Ch Pharra; Bee PT; Ch Natty; Ch Red the Dachshund
Andaka is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

West German show lines or West German working lines? I can point you toward the working line breeders.
dawnandjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.