Breeders in New York state - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Breeders in New York state

So i currently ive in Rochester but i go to school in Binghamton, NY. I'm looking for some good breeders in New York State.

I've been looking at the website greenfieldpuppies.com but I read that this place supports puppy mills and your dog could have health problems.

Anyone have any more info on the website and also some good breeders around me? Thanks guys
KyleFecik1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Greenfieldpuppies is absolutely a puppy mill front, please don't buy a dog from there!

What type of shepherd are you interested in? In other words, do you have any particular qualities in mind? Are there specific colors or looks that you like better than others? What sort of activities do you envision doing with your new dog?

With a little more information we ought to be able to point you to some good breeders in the state. In New York, you'd have lots to choose from.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciel View Post
Greenfieldpuppies is absolutely a puppy mill front, please don't buy a dog from there!

What type of shepherd are you interested in? In other words, do you have any particular qualities in mind? Are there specific colors or looks that you like better than others? What sort of activities do you envision doing with your new dog?

With a little more information we ought to be able to point you to some good breeders in the state. In New York, you'd have lots to choose from.
Thanks So i'm very active so i'd be running with my dog, he would come on bike rides with me, etc. This dog will always be doing something! I know that this is the first concern when a lot of people get a shepherd. Qualities? I think i'm mostly looking for loyalty and energy. Which I don't think i'll really be having a problem finding.

Not gonna lie, i REALLY like the all black shepherds but I know that those are somewhat more rare because both parents need to have the recessive black gene.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Vom Eisenraben

elisabeth_00117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you can go a little further (outside NY)- Real K9 solutions has a litter on the ground available in a few weeks. Steve Lavalle. He is in NJ. Also a club member Kunzwald Kennels has a nice female which will be available next week, he is in North Wales, PA.

C

Felice vom Amulree, SchI, TRII, CD, RA, CGC, TDI
Andi Bojovnik "Brenna" Bh
Finnegan von der Zahnburg
RIP Duchess Liberty of Bayberry, CD, RE, CGC, TDI
RIP Liberty's Favorite Falon, CGC, TDI
RIP Moriarity's Renegade of Orchard Court "Reno"
Renofan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

There are some nice breeders in NY

Blacks are not rare.....I am planning a litter next year out of a black female and it will assuredly have black puppies. The female is in Buffalo now training....the club she trains in is in Rochester, and breeders there have black pups quite often.

There is a litter in Long Island right now that that is about 6 weeks old and there were 3 or 4 blacks in that litter - mom is sable and dad is blanketed black and tan...both parents are house dogs as well as titled, male has shown in regional and national competitions...

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renofan2 View Post
If you can go a little further (outside NY)- Real K9 solutions has a litter on the ground available in a few weeks. Steve Lavalle. He is in NJ. Also a club member Kunzwald Kennels has a nice female which will be available next week, he is in North Wales, PA.

C
I'm willing to go anywhere within a 4 hour radius of Binghamton or Rochester. I'm sure I can make it to Jersey.

Also, I'm new to this website but I'm not looking to buy a show dog. I only say this because I see a lot of breeders selling their pups for $2000+. I was looking to spend between $1000-$1600. I will definitely pay more if its a good breeder though.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Since you got attracted by a puppy mill which is a HUGE issue, if I were you I'd take a few hours to go thru this site so you won't be fooled by them again ---> How to find a puppy!

Truth is, the more you know the more likely the best breeders will even consider you for one of their pups. It's not really about money for the best breeders, it's about the best match for their puppies to get a great home. And they want people the support what they are breeding for, so if you understand, educate yourself, and communicate that you will be able to have the conversation and get your wonderful new puppy!

Have you seen this site? --> Breeder Directory - German Shepherd Guide

plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?." ANONYMOUS
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

4 hour radius of Binghamton limits your options. I live 30 minutes from there and it seems. Doesn't really sound like you have a good idea of the different lines? Working? Show? American? German?

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Have you seen this site? --> Breeder Directory - German Shepherd Guide
If you follow this list, make sure you speak to the breeders in depth and meet their dogs. Not all will be suitable for you or produce what you are looking for.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.