breeder info in mass - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Default breeder info in mass

Just found this website. Anyway, I'm looking for a puppy now. Anybody here has experience with the breeder below,

VON DEN BROOKFIELDS - Home

Thanks in advance!
snowshovel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Default

I am waiting to pick up my puppy from there in 3 weeks. Went 8 weeks ago and visited the facility. Very clean, Beverly is great to work with and fantastic at answering questions. Spent a few hours with all of the Sires and Dams. All in all, it has been a fantastic experience. Going Wednesday to meet my puppy for the first time (6 week visit). I certainly have no qualms going to her over and over again. Read over everything (and i mean everything) on the website. Good luck!
VTski4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
wolfstraum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 9,421
Default

Their homepage cites and extolls the SV breeding system.

Most of their females that they are not using would not fulfill the criteria of that system. One male is titled and koered, one is neither. They list 8 adult females and a pup...half the adults are titled, half untitled, and half are A2 on hips. That is a lot of females to be breeding. None are koer classed.

They are German showlines, they do have hips certified. Those are positives.
It irritates me when people extoll the superiority of the SV system and then almost totally disregard that same system.

For companion dogs you will be fine...I don't know the pricing - but it should be $1000-1500 or so to be a fair market price with the lack of credentials across the board.

Lee
__________________
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Basha & Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Default

They are also DM clear
VTski4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator
 
MaggieRoseLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bushkill, PA (The Poconos!)
Posts: 26,280
Default

Before you call up and talk to ANY breeder, it's vital that you read up and learn as much as you can about the breed and 'responsible' breeders. The more you know, the more the best breeders will even consider you for one of their dogs!

Great info on ---> How to find a puppy! and also ---> Link: How to tell a good breeder website from a bad one.
__________________
*****
MACH3 Bretta Lee Wildhaus MXG MJG MXF MFB TQX HIT CGC TC
Glory B Wildhaus AX, AXJ, XF
plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?." ANONYMOUS
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Congratulations! You know for sure which puppy to pick up at this moment or you guys have a picking order? All the puppies look cute!!!

Most likely, I'll follow your footprints to pick up my first GSD puppy in a few months from Beverly. What's do you mean "read over everything one the website"? This website or Bev's website. I haven't read both websites yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTski4x4 View Post
I am waiting to pick up my puppy from there in 3 weeks. Went 8 weeks ago and visited the facility. Very clean, Beverly is great to work with and fantastic at answering questions. Spent a few hours with all of the Sires and Dams. All in all, it has been a fantastic experience. Going Wednesday to meet my puppy for the first time (6 week visit). I certainly have no qualms going to her over and over again. Read over everything (and i mean everything) on the website. Good luck!
snowshovel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Wow, you're so professional! Seems I do need to read their website carefully.

We need a family companion. W/ young children in the home, we definitely won't go for schutzhund training. So, their dogs may fit in our home perfectly.

I asked for the price. However, I'm new to this website. I don't know if it's OK to share a breeder's price here. So, I just keep silence.

Your knowdge earns my respection. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
Their homepage cites and extolls the SV breeding system.

Most of their females that they are not using would not fulfill the criteria of that system. One male is titled and koered, one is neither. They list 8 adult females and a pup...half the adults are titled, half untitled, and half are A2 on hips. That is a lot of females to be breeding. None are koer classed.

They are German showlines, they do have hips certified. Those are positives.
It irritates me when people extoll the superiority of the SV system and then almost totally disregard that same system.

For companion dogs you will be fine...I don't know the pricing - but it should be $1000-1500 or so to be a fair market price with the lack of credentials across the board.

Lee
snowshovel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Thank you very much for your info. Reading it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee View Post
Before you call up and talk to ANY breeder, it's vital that you read up and learn as much as you can about the breed and 'responsible' breeders. The more you know, the more the best breeders will even consider you for one of their dogs!

Great info on ---> How to find a puppy! and also ---> Link: How to tell a good breeder website from a bad one.
snowshovel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Default

Anybody else has experience with this breeder? I'm looking for some owners with dogs from this breeder. So I may contact to get some suggestion, esp. some owners whose dogs now are 6 or 7 years old at least.

Please PM me if you don't want to share your comments in this thread. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshovel View Post
Just found this website. Anyway, I'm looking for a puppy now. Anybody here has experience with the breeder below,

VON DEN BROOKFIELDS - Home

Thanks in advance!
snowshovel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshovel View Post
Congratulations! You know for sure which puppy to pick up at this moment or you guys have a picking order? All the puppies look cute!!!

Most likely, I'll follow your footprints to pick up my first GSD puppy in a few months from Beverly. What's do you mean "read over everything one the website"? This website or Bev's website. I haven't read both websites yet.
My girlfriend and I are picking up Kenny (under reserved puppies) two weeks from today. We met him this past week, and to say he is amazing is an understatement. We absolutely love his personality, and are so happy to be getting the only plushy of the litter. Good luck!!!
VTski4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com