Great breeder and pedigree in NC - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mog

Default Great breeder and pedigree in NC

Hi all,

After a lot of research, recommendations from others here and elsewhere, I decided on a breeder here in NC. I already have a reservation in for a pup. **** Removed by ADMIN ****

I'm really excited about bringing home Maximus and know how difficult it can be to find a good, reputable breeder. The parents really are beautiful dogs and the breeder comes highly recommended.

Here's her website with the puppies: German Shepherd Breeder German Shepherd Puppies

And here is the pedigree of the litter: Line-breeding for the progency of Jerry von der Hube and VD Loretta Vepeden

(**** Removed by ADMIN **** )

It's been a while since I've had a pup and have a few other posts up asking basic questions, one has a full list of items I purchased for Max and another has BARF feeding info. So if it's been a while, or if this is your first pup, check out my other posts or feel free to ask me any questions... I'll help as much as I can.

Alex

Last edited by Castlemaid; 02-08-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: It's okay to share about your new pup, but please, no advertising.
Mog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Your pup has strong genetics for good prey drive and good hips.....good luck!
cliffson1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

so tempting, but not ready for a pup yet.
Noles20 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mog

Thanks Cliffson. I can't even begin to explain how excited I am. I feel like I'm expecting another child

I know how hard it was for me to find a good breeder when I finally decided I was ready. So wanted to share and maybe make it easier for someone else.
Mog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nice breeder per the website- really look like they try to produce quality as opposed to quantity- am in market for a black pup myself prefer female but they only have males.
armauro is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armauro View Post
Nice breeder per the website- really look like they try to produce quality as opposed to quantity- am in market for a black pup myself prefer female but they only have males.
If you are patient you will really be glad you waited. Birgit's (AK9) GSD's are from incredible pedigrees and have temperments that are unheard of for working dogs. She is an awesome breeder and I would highly recommend getting in touch with her and on the waiting list if you are serious about a working line GSD.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

general comments - pups sold and chosen for new owners when they are that young? and they say from each litter they keep one back for service - so how do they pick this dog when the pups are sold or committed that young before any testing possible.
other comment , none of the males or females that they use come from their own breeding - all from direct imports , as are their dogs listed for service .

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

looks like they reserve them on color LOL the black males are all available and the sables spoken for......

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
general comments - pups sold and chosen for new owners when they are that young? and they say from each litter they keep one back for service - so how do they pick this dog when the pups are sold or committed that young before any testing possible.
It doesn't work that way from my experience. You get first choice of puppy and temperment if you put out the first deposit.

Quote:
From FAQ:
Question: Do I have to place a deposit on a particular puppy or do I get to choose my puppy once they are old enough?

Answer: Deposits work the following way.
Our website is updated daily and we will note if any deposits have been received. The first person that places a deposit gets first choice out of the males or females (please specify). We will of course give you our recommendations about temperament etc. but you have the final say so. The second person that places a deposit will have second choice and can actually give us their top 2 choices or may wait until the puppies can be visited and so on. If only 1 male or 1 female is listed and is not on hold you can place a deposit on that particular puppy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
other comment , none of the males or females that they use come from their own breeding - all from direct imports , as are their dogs listed for service.
I do not live around the area, so only Birgit can answer that question, exactly, what she does with the held pups. But I can tell you she is a import breeder and K9 trainer. That would lead me to believe that she only breeds imports. Not spawns from imports.

Last edited by gowen; 02-21-2013 at 11:03 AM.
gowen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

spawns from imports ???
"You get first choice of puppy and temperment if you put out the first deposit. "
NOT in my plans . How can you know temperament when the dogs barely have their eyes open .

The criticism of this is the same whether the "breeder" is some backyard breeder type or on a different level -- it's the same thing .

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.