Looking for a breeder in NC. - German Shepherd Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Mog
Senior Member
 
Mog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Apex, NC (outside of Raleigh)
Posts: 381
Looking for a breeder in NC.

Hi,

I've very interested in purchasing a male, german working shepherd puppy, dark sable/mask. I've been researching breeders recommended here and elsewhere but haven't had much luck...

For example, German Shephers von Flakenhein has a litter which is due any day. The sire, Jerry, is an incredible looking dog and is exactly the type of dog I'm looking for. Here's a link to the upcoming litter: Upcoming-Litters I've called and left two messages at the number provided and also emailed them through their "Contact us" link. I haven't heard back at all... which I'm really disappointed about.

I've called and left two messages for Labonte Canine Services which has an upcoming litter, but again, no replies...

Off topic, but the Labonte litter has an all black sire and dam. Is there a chance they could produce a dark sable?

These two breeders were highly recommended, their sites say they are available during the week, but neither have returned my calls.

Would anyone know of a reputable breeder, that has recently had a litter or an upcoming litter that might have a dark sable male?

This is my first time dealing with breeders in the area, but I'm not having much luck at all. And it's a little frustrating...

Thanks in advance for your time and help,

Alex
Mog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Mog
Senior Member
 
Mog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Apex, NC (outside of Raleigh)
Posts: 381
I didn't see a way to edit an existing post, but wanted to mention that I live in Apex, NC with my 4 year old daughter, which is right outside of Raleigh. But I would be willing to travel for the right dog (within reason). The dog is going to be primarily a family companion and will be receiving protection training. I want the dog to grow up with my daughter, but I'm also open to an older dog, up to 1 year of age. Again, it would have to be the right dog and right situation. I'm very hesitent of rescues because I won't know their history and would be worried about a dog that may have been abused in the past and something happening to cause him to snap at and/or bite my goofball.
Mog is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Crowned Member
 
Emoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 10,098
Not in N.C. so can't help you there, but no, there's no way that two solid black parents could have a sable puppy. You can only get a sable by breeding a sable. One parent at least must be sable to get a sable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 4 years

At the Bridge:
Cash Adopted 2007 - 7/28/2010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rocky 4/19/2002 - 1/16/2015 to DM
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Emoore is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Member
 
rangersdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Southeast North Carolina
Posts: 123
Not very knowlegable myself, but some have recommended Alertk9 (think I've got it right-they're near Raleigh, I believe). I haven't read anything but good on here about them!

John
"Life is hard! It's harder if you're stupid!" John Wayne
Prov. 1:7
rangersdad is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Knighted Member
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersdad View Post
Not very knowlegable myself, but some have recommended Alertk9 (think I've got it right-they're near Raleigh, I believe). I haven't read anything but good on here about them!
Alert k9 is Von Falkenhein.
robk is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Junior Member
 
buttersburgh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cary NC
Posts: 27
Looking for a breeder in NC.

Hi I'm from Cary. We are new here as well. We decided on Banffy Haus in TN. Welcome to the forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
buttersburgh is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Member
 
gowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
I didn't see a way to edit an existing post, but wanted to mention that I live in Apex, NC with my 4 year old daughter, which is right outside of Raleigh. But I would be willing to travel for the right dog (within reason). The dog is going to be primarily a family companion and will be receiving protection training. I want the dog to grow up with my daughter, but I'm also open to an older dog, up to 1 year of age. Again, it would have to be the right dog and right situation. I'm very hesitent of rescues because I won't know their history and would be worried about a dog that may have been abused in the past andsomething happening to cause him to snap at and/or bite my goofball.
I am a owner of a Von Falkenhein (ak9) GSD and can say that if you are seriously interested in a working line breed, you will not be disappointed! Call them again. Birgit is extremely busy but you will get through. Also email is a better contact method FYI.

Jaga von Falkenhein [Dolly] (DOB: Jan 6th 2012) -CGC
Cody Vom Haus Hall [Duke] (DOB: Jul 6th 2015)
gowen is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:24 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowen View Post
I am a owner of a Von Falkenhein (ak9) GSD and can say that if you are seriously interested in a working line breed, you will not be disappointed! Call them again. Birgit is extremely busy but you will get through. Also email is a better contact method FYI.
I emailed you guys about the last puppy you had available. I was wondering if you could send more pictures and a good time next week I could check him out.
matt0300 is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Member
 
gowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt0300 View Post
I emailed you guys about the last puppy you had available. I was wondering if you could send more pictures and a good time next week I could check him out.
I'm, in no way, associated with AK9 other than I purchased a puppy from them last year. I'm fully confidant that Birgit will write you back though! I really have nothing but positive to say about her work.

Jaga von Falkenhein [Dolly] (DOB: Jan 6th 2012) -CGC
Cody Vom Haus Hall [Duke] (DOB: Jul 6th 2015)
gowen is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowen View Post
I'm, in no way, associated with AK9 other than I purchased a puppy from them last year. I'm fully confidant that Birgit will write you back though! I really have nothing but positive to say about her work.
Sorry I must have read the post wrong. Its good to geat good things about them though. Im still looking around, but ive heard nothing nad about alert k9. I think im going to go with them.
matt0300 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome