Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)

Hi folks,
I would first like to thank the members here that made us discover Carmspack. We have visited Carmen Duggan (owner) last Saturday to meet her and her dogs for the first time and we were just amazed by the experience!
Based on my numerous emails and conversations with Carmen in a very short period of time (thanks Carmen for being so patient and generous!), she had identified two puppies that would be a perfect match for us and which displayed Genetic Obedience in spades.
I will post a longer thread later to describe our experience but in the meantime, here are the two candidates (I was so busy interacting with the dogs that I only thought of taking pictures once they fell asleep lol)!! J
Interestingly, the two that Carmen had identified for us came right at us when she brought the 6 puppies in the living room. One of them initially displayed amazing interest in my girlfriend, and the other in me. They would just come straight as us, sitting down in front of us and looking at us in the eye, just like saying: ‘‘Okay, I’m here for you, what do we do?’’ lol
We would make a point of getting up, walking around in the living room, and these same two would follow us everywhere! It was pretty awesome!
We spent over 4.5 hours with Carmen and the puppies and were amazed at how much maturity there seems to be already in them and how calm, stable and un-rattled they are despite their very young age (6 weeks). At one point as we were sitting on the floor with the puppies, Carmen slammed a metal box full of pictures on the floor in the middle of them (which made quite a bit of noise) as well as a large plastic crate (those used to contain milk bags in grocery stores) full of papers and not one of the puppies even reacted). Amazing!
We are going the see them again in two weeks and decide which one will be ours. This will be a heart wrenching decision because both are simply outstanding!
More later! J
Attached Thumbnails
Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)-img_ooo.jpg   Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)-img_ooo2.jpg   Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)-img_ooo3.jpg   Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)-img_ooo4.jpg   Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)-img_xxx.jpg  

Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)-img_xxx2.jpg   Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)-img_xxx3.jpg   Adopting our Carmspack GSD! :-)-img_xxx5.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That's wonderful news!

The best part about choosing a good breeder is no matter which puppy you choose it's going to be a great dog

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

That is great! Love the photos - typical puppy photos - the only time you can even take them is when the pups have crashed!

I am sure you will be happy with whichever one you end up with.

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

very cute puppies

When one says "adopting" tho, I think of rescuing a dog from a shelter or rescue and paying an 'adoption fee'.. No shame is saying you are purchasing a puppy from a breeder

Just think with all that genetic obedience you won't have to do any training!))

Good luck with your new puppy and have fun

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA View Post
very cute puppies

When one says "adopting" tho, I think of rescuing a dog from a shelter or rescue and paying an 'adoption fee'.. No shame is saying you are purchasing a puppy from a breeder

Just think with all that genetic obedience you won't have to do any training!))

Good luck with your new puppy and have fun

Congrats to you on your new puppy!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL That is an interesting point of view. I guess that is cultural biais as in my mother tongue, people say that they are ''adopting'' a dog or a cat, no matter where it comes from and no matter if you pay for it or not.
To me, buying/purchasing is only the transaction, and that's the easy part (like buying a commodity).
Adopting to me has the meaning of welcoming and integrating as part of the family, which is what we are doing no matter where the dog comes from (as a matter of fact, you still have to pay an ''adoption fee'' of a few hundreds of dollars if you get a dog from a shelter, around here).
Thanks for the good wishes!
We can't wait to bring him home!!

Last edited by RushGSD; 01-08-2013 at 06:17 PM.
RushGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:

Just think with all that genetic obedience you won't have to do any training!
If that's true my next dog better have genetic obedience! I thought this was an adoption, not buying a puppy. Congrats.

Pookie, Papillon 4/17/09
Kaiser, GSD 4/14/11
Verivus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rush, I didn't realize the word "adoption" was used in any other way, thank you for explaining

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGSD View Post
LOL That is an interesting point of view. I guess that is cultural biais as in my mother tongue, people say that they are ''adopting'' a dog or a cat, no matter where it comes from and no matter if you pay for it or not.
To me, buying/purchasing is only the transaction, and that's the easy part (like buying a commodity).
Adopting to me has the meaning of welcoming and integrating as part of the family, which is what we are doing no matter where the dog comes from (as a matter of fact, you still have to pay an ''adoption fee'' of a few hundreds of dollars if you get a dog from a shelter, around here).
Thanks for the good wishes!
We can't wait to bring him home!!
I was just thinking about how nice it was to hear "adopting". I thought it sounded more appropriate than buying, and that's the word I use. Lol. It says 'family member' Lol

Hope you enjoy the pup! They all look so adorable
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

I opened this thread thinking that someone is pulling a Carmspack GSD from a shelter... I understand why you want to use an euphemism but it may send a wrong message on this board. Enjoy your pup!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.