I want to buy an adult german shepherd male - Page 5 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #41 (permalink)

Default what I'm looking for

I'm looking for a big boned black and red, or solid black 2 year old male. Borderline show quality. I'm looking for a dog that will announce with strong barking that strangers are present. I am absolutely amazed that after I indicated I was looking for a specific dog that all the dog rescue people starting pushing me to get a dog I did not want in order to see another rescue dog taken. I WOULD TAKE A RESCUE DOG IF ONE PERSON COULD SHOW ME A GREAT LOOKING DOG. SOME OF THESE RESCUE DOGS LOOK SO POOR THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE SHEPHERDS.
darrinjesus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #42 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I think more members are trying to prove to you that just because it's a rescue dog doesn't mean it's "shabby." And find your clear disgust in them shocking. I know that calling any of the dogs pictured in this thread "shabby" or saying "they don't even look like shepherds" ruffles my feathers. These dogs are VERY loved by their owners and everyone else on the forum. So it's rude and insulting to call them shabby. Nobody tried to push one onto you, you mentioned thinking of a rescue. So we tried to show you, as Mikko said in the next post, that not all are mixes or shabby.

Try searching the classifieds on Pedigreedatabase.com for adult males for sale. I have seen quite a few today that may fit your description (not sure about temperament, you would have to speak to the people selling them).
Examples:

German Shepherd Dog Male for sale: Highly trained long coat from Czech (in US) (id: 181434) ^

German Shepherd Dog Male for sale: Solid black very talented working dog from Czech (id: 174205) ^

Last edited by GsdLoverr729; 01-05-2013 at 01:45 PM.
GsdLoverr729 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinjesus View Post
I'm looking for a big boned black and red, or solid black 2 year old male. Borderline show quality. I'm looking for a dog that will announce with strong barking that strangers are present. I am absolutely amazed that after I indicated I was looking for a specific dog that all the dog rescue people starting pushing me to get a dog I did not want in order to see another rescue dog taken. I WOULD TAKE A RESCUE DOG IF ONE PERSON COULD SHOW ME A GREAT LOOKING DOG. SOME OF THESE RESCUE DOGS LOOK SO POOR THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE SHEPHERDS.

Your comments are very insulting and quite honestly, disgusting! NO ONE was trying to PUSH a rescue dog on you! You stated you were considering a rescue, but all of the ones you saw were either mixed or looked shabby, so myself and some other people thought that by showing pictures of rescues that we (and probably most people) don't think look "shabby," we could show you that not all rescues are mixed, or look "shabby."

Most of the people on this forum have dogs that look like many featured on those links (whether they were rescued or not), and so your comments are very insulting!

There have been several people trying to help you find the type of dog you are looking for, but you have not provided much information, nor a picture of what you are looking for, despite several requests. Maybe if you could provide a photo of what, in your mind, is not shabby, we'll stop posting pictures of our shabby dogs...

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Honestly, I would not want you to get a rescue dog, great looking or not. When you get a rescue dog, a lot of it is about what you give to the dog, as much as what you get.

Good luck with breeder recommendations. Hopefully you will be able to communicate to them exactly what you want.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #45 (permalink)

You might try Eurosport. I don't think they have anything right now, but they often have dogs come up and can find what you want.... ..::Eurosport K-9 Training and Import Services
(edited- they do have a few solid black males)

Nothing wrong with wanting what you want.
I would recommend that you do some research on training and bloodline, that way you won't get taken advantage of (if you have not done so already).
-and- on the web

Last edited by gagsd; 01-05-2013 at 01:47 PM.
gagsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #46 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It is perfectly fine for you to purchase a breeder dog. Insulting rescue dogs is offensive. See, we are dog lovers. If our dog suffers chronic ear infections causing floppy ears, we still love him. If our dog gets cancer and has to have his tail or leg amputated, we still love him. When our senior dogs develop DM, lose muscle mass, have cataracts, I guess they would look shabby in your eyes. But... they never do in ours, because we LOVE our dogs!
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
It is perfectly fine for you to purchase a breeder dog. Insulting rescue dogs is offensive.
Exactly.

Absolutely fine and probably your best route.

Also, just as an FYI to anyone ever reading this thread: people can get a great looking, well tempered, healthy dog from rescue.

But if you want to know the dog's background, genetics, etc, in most cases a shelter dog or rescue dog (from a rescue org) does not come with that kind of info. So it makes sense if this is something that you want/need, you would not get a rescue.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Don't forget that rescues do pretty thorough screenings, so they may pass you up, instead of you passing up their shabby dogs.
I will repeat, please research the lines so you know what you're getting...black and red are usually showline and the black is working.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #49 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinjesus View Post
Sounds to me like you are just trying to start wars and obviously know nothing about Shepherds. After making posts like that around here I doubt any of the really good breeders will be willing to sell a dog to you. They are very selective about where their dogs go.
shepherdmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

The first five rescues posted looked like mixes and looked shabby. He wasn't insulting all resues.... Just staying the obvious. I wouldn't want any of those dogs if I was specifically looking for a gsd that looks like robin Huerta dogs.

I love my boy rocky but he is honestly not the best looking dog around. Dogs don't care how they look, no insult made.

What the heck is wrong with wanting a normal German shepherd and not the mix looking ones posted?
x0emiroxy0x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.