I want to buy an adult german shepherd male - Page 14 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #131 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I would think for a young adult with great looks** - expect to pay a lot of money but demand hip, back, and elbow x-rays, clearances for any genetic diseases (particularly in certain lines), complete blood work, and some sort of temperament evaluation that is age specific. I would want to make sure that there are no known allergies as well.

**Great looks being relative - which is why I suggested he do the research; the type is not one I find attractive either but a lot do and I am certain he would find my nice WL not to his liking.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #132 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to CelticGlory

Here are some for you to look at:

1. German Shepherd Dog Male for sale: Top protection dog from Czech (id: 182413)
2. German Shepherd Dog Male for sale: Exceptional "Started" 8 Month Old (id: 181693) (I know he's only 8 months, but he looks so impressive. Not sure what your price limits are?)
3. German Shepherd Dog Male for sale: 18 mo Boomer son looks just like father huge head (id: 181063)
4. German Shepherd Dog Male for sale: BEAUTIFUL 23 Month Tyson Vom Kottersbusch Son (id: 180539)

There are more, just go to pedigree database and click on the classifieds; you can pick the country, and 'Males for Sale'. The majority of the black males are high drive, working lines; usually, I can find a show or pet in the listings for black males, but maybe because of the age they are advertising the working prospects.

CelticGlory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #133 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Von der Haus Gill German Shepherds

There is a black and red dog for sale on this page....

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #134 (permalink)
Master Member

What I see - degenerated spinal cord and back limbs. Doesn't matter, if we are looking into a friend. Go ahead! But remember that GSD ought to go through a **** of a training before his adulthood, you don't want a beast, do you? There are trained dogs for sale, with diplomas and certificates, and they are costly. Also, make sure your adult pup is not older than one year and half, otherwise he, the dog, might treat you as inferior. The relationship between the dog and the man starts as a relationship between a child and his parent; it develops further as of two friends stage by stage; and it is crowned by a close bond of a loving vassal and his king, whose every word is caught and obeyed. Only to know if the dog is capable of becoming such, wasn't spoiled, wasn't traumatised by training takes two-tree months. Like us, the dogs pick good and bad habits when they are young, it will be more difficult for you to read your new adult friend, than an openhearted pup. Puppy's love is for free, but you will face not an easy task to gain it with an adult.
David Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #135 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I"m sorry, David, but I disagree with everything you posted. An adult can bond to a person just like a puppy does. It happens every day in adoptions and rescue.

Where are you getting "degenerated spinal cord and back limbs"? That is simply not true either. That roach in that picture may be extreme for my tastes but that does not mean the spinal cords and back limbs on that dog are damaged in any way.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #136 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Bass looks good, Sigor looks good, but Basco -- couldn't they get a better picture?
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #137 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selzer View Post
Bass looks good, Sigor looks good, but Basco -- couldn't they get a better picture?
I agree it looks like the picture is scrunched up, giving it a more roached look.
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #138 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to CelticGlory

Here is the same picture of him, but he looks better. They may have shrunk the picture on the other page and it made him look different: Von der Haus Gill German Shepherds.

CelticGlory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #139 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The dog looks haunched up like he has a bladder infection. His legs appear over long and thin, and his tail sits funny. I thought the other picture was scrunched up, like maybe it was shrunk or something. I don't know, but I would be embarrassed to ask $3000 for that dog with that picture. I like German Showline dogs, and am not freaked out by their look. That dog really doesn't do anything for me though. Maybe with a better photo that dog would look a whole lot better. The other dogs look really nice.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Gretta
Hepzibah & Hannah
selzer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #140 (permalink)
Crowned Member

david i've had these dogs all my life, my parents before me, my grandfather before them. i also must respectfully, but totally, disagree with just about everything you said.
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
voodoo lily (dsh) & cricket (african grey~RIP 7/13)
katieliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.