I want to buy an adult german shepherd male - Page 10 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #91 (permalink)

I do know what I want. When I was in college I raised some shepherds. At that time I owned the son of Lance of Fran Joe. His name was Goliath. A large boned black and red fit for any show ring. I never showed but I certainly know the difference between high and low quality. I simply want a great looking male that is smart so my wife and I can love on him and vice versa. When I ask for some help here in the website about all I got was rescue references. I'm sure there are some great looking males somewhere in a rescue program but I have yet to see them.
darrinjesus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #92 (permalink)

Great looking dog but I have been warned not to do business from across the ocean due to the possibilities of getting ripped off. Thank you very much.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #93 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Xbox is actually in Canada lol, and not for sale. I was trying, moreso, to get an idea of what you are looking for. He is West German showlines, which narrows it down a lot. Many of the WGSL breeders I personally would buy from don't have adults at the moment, but I have seen quite a few on PDB that are in the US right now. And I'm sure another member can point you towards someone who has an available adult now that we have an idea on looks.

Are you looking for a younger adult (2-4)? Or an older one (5-8)? I am guessing not a senior (8+).

Last edited by GsdLoverr729; 01-05-2013 at 07:43 PM.
GsdLoverr729 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #94 (permalink)
Master Member

The dog I posted is in Colorado I believe.

Art
Kennel von der Zahnburg
Zahnburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #95 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF View Post
A normal person would have just politely declined or ignored the rescue route.
but it is OK to suggest someone is not "normal".....that is not insulting....alrighty then.....
sparra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #96 (permalink)

I didn't post any photos, and I've got a right to my opinion just like you do. I'm not trying to upset anyone. I am trying to find the dog I want. I have researching for almost a year. I have tried all over the internet. I don't want a puppy. i don't want a female. I don't want a long coat. I want an adult male that will bark at strangers, and be a family member here at our home. Your dog may look fine, however I haven't found one adult male in rescue that is even close to the standards I have.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #97 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I have no problem with wanting a certain look in a dog, I love the way sable GSDs look, and I admit I take second looks at rescues who are good looking in my opinion.
But just like with people, you realize those looks are going to fade, and he'll end up pretty 'shabby' in his old age, I hope that doesn't mean he won't be good enough for you any more.

Posting on here isn't going to do you much good. Call some breeders and tell them what you want, and they will direct you to one of their dogs or another breeder if they're reputable.

Sparkles, Lilith, Eve, Candy, Dahlia, Juno, Tonks.

Jaeger, Ben, Goose, Dirk, LingLing, Bentley, Elliot, Batman.
APBTLove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #98 (permalink)

I am looking for a 2 or 3 year old. I hate to get one that is too old so I can spend a great deal of time with him.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #99 (permalink)
Crowned Member

2-3 sounds good, that gives another aid to those who would like to help.
By bark at strangers, do you mean simply alert you when someone is nearing your home or vehicle? I ask because some people do want it to bark at strangers period (on walks and such), but that is an unhealthy behavior. Not trying to be condescending, just trying to help...

Last edited by GsdLoverr729; 01-05-2013 at 07:53 PM.
GsdLoverr729 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #100 (permalink)

A dog barking at strangers that intrude on his territory is not a temperament issue. I would hazard that it might just be a GOOD thing.

The OP has clearly stated what he wants. This board has a wealth of people from different areas with knowledge of breeders and dogs that may be available.
Please, leave the debating and snarkiness on the other side of your keyboards.
-and- on the web
gagsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.