Need Advice on GSD Breeding... - Page 8 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #71 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Niles
Posts: 25
Default

Every one in concern of finding my pup's Dam... I searched for 2 hours last night and had no luck. but i found the email to her Dam's owner and going to be getting pictures of the Dam soon! Will post once i upload them!
GSD<3er212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 AM   #72 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
wolfstraum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 9,455
Default

Whitedheim is the kennel name of Whited K-9 Services in Kent OH.....I have met owner a few times years ago, and knew people who bought and sold dogs from/to him....he keeps many many dogs - a few are titled, many imported, but mostly untitled and used to have a calendar on his website listing all the litters due from 4 different breeds every month....big big commercial business....looks like he sold Boaz as a puppy and someone with open papers is using him for breeding....

As everyone says, this pedigree lacks cohesiveness and direction....it is a pedigree of 2 AKC dogs that someone bred to make $$$ as the OP has commented that she thought about doing. By random breedings such as these, top and bottom and then the OPs dog, negative traits are ignored, not realized and then multiplied and passed forward....in a downward spiral and the resultant pups often are victims of being sold inexpensively to less knowledgable buyers who look at them as disposable....just like the OPs dog that she found in an advertisement by it's previous owner.

Sorry - this is a dog who deserves to be loved and in a good home ~ but not be bred!

Lee
__________________
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Niles
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
Whitedheim is the kennel name of Whited K-9 Services in Kent OH.....I have met owner a few times years ago, and knew people who bought and sold dogs from/to him....he keeps many many dogs - a few are titled, many imported, but mostly untitled and used to have a calendar on his website listing all the litters due from 4 different breeds every month....big big commercial business....looks like he sold Boaz as a puppy and someone with open papers is using him for breeding....

As everyone says, this pedigree lacks cohesiveness and direction....it is a pedigree of 2 AKC dogs that someone bred to make $$$ as the OP has commented that she thought about doing. By random breedings such as these, top and bottom and then the OPs dog, negative traits are ignored, not realized and then multiplied and passed forward....in a downward spiral and the resultant pups often are victims of being sold inexpensively to less knowledgable buyers who look at them as disposable....just like the OPs dog that she found in an advertisement by it's previous owner.

Sorry - this is a dog who deserves to be loved and in a good home ~ but not be bred!

Lee
Yes, i THOUGHT about breeding.. it was only a THOUGHT! doesnt mean i was GOING to! And how was I supposed to know about her pedigree?? and WHO said that I look at this pup as disposable?!?!?! Seriously?? I have 2 dogs. Both in good health, and will not be "failed" dogs!
GSD<3er212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #74 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
wolfstraum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 9,455
Default

Sorry - that was NOT meant to be a personal attack - just an observation on the general public who does dispose of dogs....your girl is lucky that you bought her and want to give her a loving home....she is one of the lucky ones! Big commercial operations like the one behind her are just as much to blame for the dogs who get disposed of as the people who dump them out on highways or in shelters....

As a breeder, my comments were observations and conclusions based on years of getting emails about nice looking dogs on their last hours in shelters, on the constant barrage of facebook posts looking for a reprieve for dogs bred by irresponsible people who are in trouble.....

When posts like mine, and many of the others in this thread are made, they are often read by lurkers who are also thinking about breeding - and are thus very general and made in the hopes that the information given helps people other than the OP to make an informed decision about the responsibility of breeding dogs.

Lee
__________________
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #75 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Beautiful Pacific NW
Posts: 11,005
Default

Nobody said you did. Obviously her previous owners did, however, and God only knows how many siblings of hers, and generations before her.

This is essentially what I was saying in my earlier posts.

Quote:
the resultant pups often are victims of being sold inexpensively to less knowledgable buyers who look at them as disposable.
The resultant pups, being viewed "disposable", are the ones sitting in shelters and rescues, or have already been euthanized due to poor temperament and/or health issues.

The difference between what your dog's parents owners did and what good breeders do, is that good breeders look at all aspects of a dog's make up - health, temperament, working ability (yes there has to be some), and match the breeding prospects up to enhance the breed, to make sure the puppies aren't a genetic mess, temperamentally and health-wise.

This is why so many allergies and other health issues and temperament issues are becoming so rampant in the breed.
AND all breeds are subject to this, not just GSDs.

Please remember Lee was speaking in general and about your dog's parentage and lineage, not you.

Quote:
When posts like mine, and many of the others in this thread are made, they are often read by lurkers who are also thinking about breeding - and are thus very general and made in the hopes that the information given helps people other than the OP to make an informed decision about the responsibility of breeding dogs.

This is how I often post, and it's often misunderstood in the same manner, I can relate!
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #76 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Niles
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
Sorry - that was NOT meant to be a personal attack - just an observation on the general public who does dispose of dogs....your girl is lucky that you bought her and want to give her a loving home....she is one of the lucky ones! Big commercial operations like the one behind her are just as much to blame for the dogs who get disposed of as the people who dump them out on highways or in shelters....

As a breeder, my comments were observations and conclusions based on years of getting emails about nice looking dogs on their last hours in shelters, on the constant barrage of facebook posts looking for a reprieve for dogs bred by irresponsible people who are in trouble.....

When posts like mine, and many of the others in this thread are made, they are often read by lurkers who are also thinking about breeding - and are thus very general and made in the hopes that the information given helps people other than the OP to make an informed decision about the responsibility of breeding dogs.

Lee
oh, OK, i must have read that wrong. I apologize 23948732 times.. yes, i do believe she is one of the lucky ones. She was underweight where i got her from. And truthfully if i had the money, id probably build my own kennel and take in all the homeless pets. It really does break my heart.
GSD<3er212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #77 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ontario -
Posts: 8,646
Default

Cliff I have no idea what you are meaning by this in conjunction with this thread ???? "Hey Carmen....you have a dogs that have a lot of generations of only your kennel ???....anyway....it is difficult to understand the breeding but it is mostly a west SL breeding with some west working"

MY line is the rudder -- the certainty - planned for generations ahead - reliable , predictable results -- low risk (conservative) , building and banking , collecting old heritage working herding genetics (not modern trial) , critically evaluating and selecting for harder to get (deliberately bred for - not random one or two in a litter) traits such as genetic obedience, high hunt search , natural instinctive tracking . I constantly bring in fresh but complementary genetics and attach them , bring them forward to the next generation. There is a plan .

the pedigree being discussed has no plan whatsoever . No testing -- just producing little doggies with 4 legs , the all important gsd prick (standing upright ears) and color .
__________________
Carmen

**********

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #78 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Beautiful Pacific NW
Posts: 11,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD<3er212 View Post
oh, OK, i must have read that wrong. I apologize 23948732 times.. yes, i do believe she is one of the lucky ones. She was underweight where i got her from. And truthfully if i had the money, id probably build my own kennel and take in all the homeless pets. It really does break my heart.
It is a full time job in and of itself, and not always a happy one.
But you can start with fostering one dog at a time. That's how we got started!
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:49 PM   #79 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Niles
Posts: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
It is a full time job in and of itself, and not always a happy one.
But you can start with fostering one dog at a time. That's how we got started!
..thats only if we won the lottery. lol and fostering is actually how we got our first dog! We fostered him for like a week then me and my husband adopted him. (from Angels for Animals)
GSD<3er212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #80 (permalink)
Crowned Member
 
cliffson1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,297
Default

Carmen, my point is that a kennel can have generations of their stock and have good dogs....it goes without saying that you need a plan and knowledge to effectuate good results...and of course I don't think this particular breeding possesses that.....but just because a kennel has generations of their stock doesn't tell you anything unless you know the particulars.
I see in this pedigree Weiss Blau dogs....now I don't know if this is Larry and Anna Parker's kennel. I thought their kennel was Weiss Blau, anyway I remember Larry and Anna when they moved to Ala. in the mid seventies from Germany. They had good dogs then, but they were both very knowledgable about the breed and they trained their dogs. I have no doubt they would make good breeding decisions, having talked to them hours on end back then. Again, I don't know that the Weiss Blau is their kennel or not(and I am not saying this is good breeding...lol), but I do know if it is them I would wager their dogs are very sound. I hope this makes sense.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com