Need Advice on GSD Breeding... - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #61 (permalink)
Crowned Member

All I can tell you is this is your first GSD and you're new to them. I can tell that much. Plus follow the advice to spay your girl. Even at her age, if her temperment was solid, you wouldn't have the issues you currently have. But you've already been told that one. Breeding is way more work than most realize. Leave it to those who have been learning and learning and have spent so much of their life with the breed working and training and just living with them.

My first GSD was adopted when she was 4 years. She was a family jumper. I adopted her with zero training. She was clueless. She's fabulous with kids, even in her advanced age and horrible hips, allergies triggered by the wrong food or too much moisture in the air or pollen and even water. She loved swimming but it would trigger a serious allergy attack. She's really a great dog once I put some obedience training on her. She has some dominance issues. She's an alpha bitch and an attitude. I never had any problems with her but not many other people can handle her and keep her "opinions" under control. She's a strong determined girl.

Adopted Shelby when she was a year old. She was fabulous. Perfect dog physically. Had an interest in breeding her. Horrible temperment that I quickly learned was not something I wanted to pass on to any pups. She suffered from seperation anxiety so severe she destroyed a great many things (couch, blinds, shattered a window, etc) and she was shy. Throw in terrified of her own shadow and you have a beautiful but poor excuse for a shepherd. Fabulous coloring, perfect build, in height and weight standards for a female... poor mentality. Very sweet dog but life was VERY difficult with her. Leaving the house took a good extra twenty minutes just to contain her so we didn't come home to a demolished house. She was also an extremely slow learner and couldn't seem to grasp what you were trying to teach her past "sit". She was rehomed with a woman who was always home and couldn't go out often due to health reasons. Shelby fit right in with her.

My current female is great. She's beautiful, smart, fits the height and weight for the breed standard... good with everyone. Still not the right temperment. Her temperment usually fits more with that of a retriever than a shepherd although she has her moments. I socialized her and she's extremely intelligent. Love her to pieces. I had her spayed just before her 2nd birthday. I only allowed her to remain intact so I was sure she would grow correctly without horomones being messed with. Heat cycles she was seperated from my altered male and she was restricted to the house. No fun field trips for her. I didn't want a litter. They're great dogs but I will definitely leave the breeding up to those who have a far better idea of what they're doing.

I handled a litter of 11 puppies from the time they were a week old until they were 10 weeks old and rehomed. Their mother was too young to be a mother and poor temperment. Not shy, but aggressive. Luckily none of the pups got that. They got their dads sweet relaxed temperment thankfully but they're all dumb. They're hound mixes but the point is, mom rejected them and it fell to the humans to handle the litter. I was pregnant with my son at the time and the pups parents were our roommates. Our roommate was never home and didnt care anyway. Of the 11, two live here with my inlaws and one of my cousins has another. They're almost 4 years old now. The other pups got turned over to a rescue. Its not something I would EVER want to do again. It was stressful and time consuming and beyond all else, exhausting.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #62 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Someone just loaded the dam's pedigree in the past hour. PDB has it as inserted 42 minutes ago as of right now.

Sire: Keiko Vom Haus Amoros
Dam: Cutlip's Lady Misty
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:41 AM   #63 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well, that is a mishmash of a pedigree if I ever saw one!
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/bree...mother=1903147

Last edited by onyx'girl; 12-25-2012 at 12:44 AM.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #64 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Good catch Lucy Dog - guess OP uploaded the dam's info.

Here is the breeding: Line-breeding for the progency of Keiko Vom Haus Amoros and Cutlip's Lady Misty

Sire is untitled/rated and out of untitled/rated dam. Sire is west german showline.
Dam is a mishmash of working pet lines. Dam's sire has some working titles a few generations back, but dam's bitch line looks weak and probably made up of working pets.
Looks to be a show/work cross without too much forethought on matching the pedigree properly.

msvette2u asked: "It seems kind of strange to have such a well-bred stud and "dark horse" dam?
Is this routine?"

The male is not anything particularly special to be honest - standard average to below average WGSL breeding. Look at grandfather's progeny: Progeny list for Yesko von der Vallendarer Höhe. All out of the same kennel - means nobody but the stud's owner (probably) is breeding to this dog. It is a way that many people that don't work or title their dogs can get many breedings out of one dog that is a couple generations removed from the big guns. Think about it this way, you can buy a stud like this for relatively cheap (he is not titled, rated or koered so no training fees to pay for in addition to the dog), use it for several litters, and easily make your money back without having to pay stud fees for your breedings. Furthermore, sire can be advertised as son of "so and so Schh3 VA" going back to "so and so VA famous male" - it's easy to make him seem flashy based on his background. He is certainly better pedigree wise than the dam - too many unknowns and holes in the dam's pedigree and obviously a lot of pet line mixes in her. whitedk9services.com looks to be the sire's owner.

Also - someone is obviously paying attention to this thread. Keiko's picture was recently removed
This is the sire from another advertisement: http://www.puppytrader.com/sellers/stud-32.html

Last edited by qbchottu; 12-25-2012 at 12:53 AM.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #65 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm not all that knowledgable about those pedigrees but I can say... dang thats definitely a mixture. Mom's side is clearly where the sable pattern comes into play.
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 12:55 AM   #66 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbchottu View Post
Also - someone is obviously paying attention to this thread. Keiko's picture was recently removed
This is the sire from another advertisement: http://www.puppytrader.com/sellers/stud-32.html
Ahhh the power of the internet. Word travels fast.
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #67 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
[img] *** Removed by ADMIN - Max image size allowed 800 X 600 *** [/img]
another photo that was edited(size was 600x800)?...so reposting it again, hoping this one is legal, get out the magnifying glass
Old 12-25-2012, 04:06 AM   #68 (permalink)
Knighted Member

The sire was posted several pages ago as an SG1 male;

SG1 Keiko vom Haus Amoros
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #69 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hey Carmen....you have a dogs that have a lot of generations of only your kennel ???....anyway....it is difficult to understand the breeding but it is mostly a west SL breeding with some west working.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbchottu View Post
Who are the dam's sire and dam? (grandparents on mom's side) Perhaps they are on pedigree and we can fill in the incomplete information on the dog's background.
The Dam's Sire is Boaz Von Whitedheim
The Dam's Dam is Hannah Elaine Walker
GSD<3er212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.