Need Advice on GSD Breeding... - Page 6 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
what is this ?
"we just got her AKC tag i believe earlier this week. and registered her a couple days after we brought her home. She was never registered w/ her first family"

are you confusing a AKC registration with maybe the tags your dog has as part of your municipalities animal control?

do you know who her sire and dam are?
I'm guessing the OP is talking about the optional lost and found recovery service available:
AKC's Lost & Found Offer

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #52 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSD<3er212 View Post
Her Sire is: Keiko Vom Haus Amoros
Her Dam is: Cutlip's Lady Misty
The slip of paper you're reading that from, is that the offical AKC certificate? Or a handwritten pedigree?
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #53 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What is your dogs AKC registration #?
Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

It seems kind of strange to have such a well-bred stud and "dark horse" dam?
Is this routine?

I know that some dogs in rescue are like this - they'll have ancestors that came from well known and often respected breeders but it trickles down to nothing/unknown breeders by the time the pup or dog we have comes along.

We had one very recently I was able to trace his breeder easily, and she had no less than 8 litters on the ground at any given time...she sells them like hotcakes
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #55 (permalink)
Crowned Member

but the dog looks like a sable ??? Attached Thumbnails

beauty is as beauty does -- no matter how "gorgeous" the sire , if he is in fact that , the progeny is still spooky .

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Being no expert on markings I'd say "patterned sable" yeah.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #57 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
It seems kind of strange to have such a well-bred stud and "dark horse" dam?
Is this routine?

I know that some dogs in rescue are like this - they'll have ancestors that came from well known and often respected breeders but it trickles down to nothing/unknown breeders by the time the pup or dog we have comes along.
Entirely possible. All it takes is a breeder selling a dog to the wrong person who does a breeding to the wrong bitch . There is one infamous Doberman/Rottweiler "kennel" in PA that frequently imports titled males (SchH3, ZTP, V rated, or Seigers). Their name is behind so many BYB lines it's ridiculous.
angelas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #58 (permalink)

Im reading everything off of her Certified AKC Pedigree signed by the "Executive Secretary" with the AKC seal... and her AKC# is DN34096905...

and me not being "experienced" with terms, what does "dark horse" dam mean??
GSD<3er212 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #59 (permalink)
Jag
Knighted Member

She's an unknown, unproven female. Look, I have to tell you... I live in Ohio. There are SO many dogs on CL it's not funny. People BYBing and then putting a litter of 6 week old pups up for sale. I'm on my 4th shepherd. I'm just now starting in to work to title a dog. It's not cheap to do even that. You've got to put in a lot of time and effort, and I didn't have the time before. This is a wonderful breed that's been degraded by people breeding that don't know what they're doing. Just titling the dog isn't all of it, either. You have to know how to match pedigrees. I spent a LOT of money on this bitch I bought many years ago. Her parent were both titled. The breeder imported dogs from Germany that were already titled. BUT he didn't know what he was doing. He just put 2 titled dogs together. My bitch had serious mental problems. She attacked people randomly. I put hundreds and hundreds of dollars into trainers and behaviorist, but it was genetic. Nothing to do. There comes a time when you have to admit that you have a nice pet, but you don't know what you're doing when it comes to breeding. You don't want to produce a litter of fearful pups, do you? You don't want to be responsible for people potentially being harmed or having to put those pups down, do you? You're just starting out learning about this breed. If you don't even know about AKC papers, you are NOT ready to even think about breeding. Please spay your girl. Then work with her, learn the ropes, etc. Good breeders don't breed for money. They certainly don't breed dogs they picked up off CL. I am begging you. If you want to be a breeder someday because of your love of the breed then spend the next two years learning about training, titling, the breed, the breed history, how to read pedigrees, how to match pedigrees for breeding and THEN buy a foundation female and think about breeding. Just please spay this female you have. No good will come of breeding her. Find a mentor if it's something you're interested in.

Please go read the 'aggression' section of this forum. Most of those dogs are genetically messed up. You need to really know what the people and dogs have to go through. It's not fun, and it's not cheap. Some of those dogs end up paying with their life because of an irresponsible breeder. You've been told, so you can't plead ignorance.
Jag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #60 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Who are the dam's sire and dam? (grandparents on mom's side) Perhaps they are on pedigree and we can fill in the incomplete information on the dog's background.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.