Anyone knows Sylmarc Breeders, in Quebec? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGSD View Post
Oh! I see. Thanks for the advice!

There is actually a breeder from Quebec that pops up when doing a google search and I was curious as they currently have puppies available and it seems like their bloodline is 100% German.
www.angesgardiens.ca/ANG/German-Shepherd.htm

Does anyone here know about their dogs?

I am eagerly awaiting feedback from carmspack but with all the rave reviews, I am somewhat affraid that the asking price will be above what I can justify to buy a GSD, given everything else it involves in terms of expenses.
Les Anges Guardiens are also show-line breeders.

As for the price, as counter-intuitive as it may sound, working lines usually go for less than show-lines. You may be pleasantly surprised when you compare prices.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"No problem ... any other "breeder" from Quebec, I'd be very leery of unless someone on here KNOWS them ... I'm sure you know what I mean"

and that is for what reason ???
first of all the kennel recommended is mostly show lines , not working , and secondly we have a very good breeder , I , would get a dog from him -- Vaks Blizzak & me

Carmspack
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlemaid View Post
Just wanted to point out that both their breeding females are show lines, and of the two studs they have, only one is a working line.

So they would be breeding 100% show lines, or with the working line stud, 50% working line.
Darn! How do you see that? lol (I realize I have a lot to learn!)!
The abbreviations besides the dogs names (and the fact that they seem to own a Schutzund operation) led me to believe it was a working line.

Thanks for pointing it out!

How do you establish if it is a WL asides from relying on what the breeder says?
RushGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Les Anges Guardiens are also show-line breeders.

As for the price, as counter-intuitive as it may sound, working lines usually go for less than show-lines. You may be pleasantly surprised when you compare prices.
You are right! I had not looked at the English version of their website prior to posting the link and it says it right on the first page (not as obvious on the French version of their site, I had not noticed).

You guys are good, I am glad I am here.

Seems like I am at the right place to learn!

Last edited by RushGSD; 12-18-2012 at 10:54 PM.
RushGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

Hi there,
I personally know Marcel Cayer (I train with the Mirabel SchH club and we use his property) - and I know the parents of the litter he has.
Both the sire/dam are working lines (his website is not up to date). The litter is Cleo x Haik and I train with both of these dogs.
If you would like more information - you can get in touch with me through my email or phone (on my website).

I would highly recommend this litter - LOVE his female and Haik completed at the WUSV this past October with our training director.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Administrator from the Great White North, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGSD View Post
Darn! How do you see that? lol (I realize I have a lot to learn!)!
The abbreviations besides the dogs names (and the fact that they seem to own a Schutzund operation) led me to believe it was a working line.

Thanks for pointing it out!

How do you establish if it is a WL asides from relying on what the breeder says?
It takes a while, but you get to know the "look" of show lines and working lines. But the black and white difference is the pedigree. No real shortcuts with that, just a question of getting familiar with the kennel names and individual dogs.

In Germany, Show lines also need to be at least SchH titled to attain breeding rights. So all dogs from well-known show lines in a pedigree should have a SchH title, and many breeders here in North America will follow the SV requirement of titling their dogs to prove breed-worthines - but that still makes them show lines with Schutzhund titles (just like my mixed breed-rescue has SchH level Obedience and Tracking, but that does not make her a working line dog. ) .

Often when Show-line breeders explain to newbies that all their dogs have working titles, newbies take that to mean that the dogs are working-line dogs. Common mistake. If you feel that the breeder is being purposely misleading, then I would just walk away - or come here and get more feedback before you decide, as you are doing now.

Keeta BH, OB1, TR1, AD
Rottweiler/Hairy Dog mix?? Shelter rescue
Gryffon Vom Wildhaus BH
Castlemaid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
It takes a while, but you get to know the "look" of show lines and working lines. But the black and white difference is the pedigree. No real shortcuts with that, just a question of getting familiar with the kennel names and individual dogs.

In Germany, Show lines also need to be at least SchH titled to attain breeding rights. So all dogs from well-known show lines in a pedigree should have a SchH title, and many breeders here in North America will follow the SV requirement of titling their dogs to prove breed-worthines - but that still makes them show lines with Schutzhund titles (just like my mixed breed-rescue has SchH level Obedience and Tracking, but that does not make her a working line dog. ) .

Often when Show-line breeders explain to newbies that all their dogs have working titles, newbies take that to mean that the dogs are working-line dogs. Common mistake. If you feel that the breeder is being purposely misleading, then I would just walk away - or come here and get more feedback before you decide, as you are doing now.
Thanks Lucia! :-)
There is so much to learn. I have spent evenings of the last month or so just reading articles/resources/forum threads on everything and anything about dogs. And the more I learn, the more I realize I know nothing! LOL
Fortunately, I have come to narrow down to a few breeders that seem to make the unanimity here.
I am at the contact phase to see if we can connect, meet, agree and make things work for us to become the proud parents of a WL GSD!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedGSD View Post
I would highly recommend this litter - LOVE his female and Haik completed at the WUSV this past October with our training director.
Hi UnlimitedGSD,
I have sent them an email but haven't heard back yet.
It does not seem like there is any information on either Haik or Cleo on their website. If they are having a litter but that they do not advertise, I guess the dogs are probably already spoken for.
What would you say will differenciate their dogs from other breeders?
Are their dogs considered WL because they do Schutzhund?
I am still confused with these concept as Working is an activity. Would puppies coming from SL parents also doing Schutzhund be considered from a WL?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Here is the pedigree for the puppies:
Line-breeding for the progency of Haik van Esblokhof and Cleopatra von Di Caprio

I'm not sure if they are all sold or not. I haven't seen Marcel now that it's winter. But if you contact me I will give you the owner of the sire to contact (Marcel does not speak English very well).

No, Showline and Working Line are two different types of GSDs.
Here is an article (VERY short!) about the differences:

http://www.unlimitedgsd.com/Portals/...dGSD/types.pdf

If you would like more information, I know these two dogs, highly recommend the breeding and you can contact me anytime. I'm not on this website too often, so you can find me through my website on my signature.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedGSD View Post
Here is the pedigree for the puppies:
Line-breeding for the progency of Haik van Esblokhof and Cleopatra von Di Caprio

I'm not sure if they are all sold or not. I haven't seen Marcel now that it's winter. But if you contact me I will give you the owner of the sire to contact (Marcel does not speak English very well).

No, Showline and Working Line are two different types of GSDs.
Here is an article (VERY short!) about the differences:

http://www.unlimitedgsd.com/Portals/...dGSD/types.pdf
Hmm. Elbows not known.

Thanks a lot for the article, it really helps to see the different pictures of each of the 5 types and to read the differences in temperament, etc.

I am starting to recognize the differences.

I really like the East Germany, Czech and West Germany working lines. They seem to look a little more wolf-like, if that makes any sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.