Trying to find info on Jaegers' breeder - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Trying to find info on Jaegers' breeder

His breeder - not an ethical one, I'm sad to say - seems to have dropped off of the face of the earth. It really worries me because I'd like to know how his parents are especially. I really liked his dam.

The name was Moore's Hideaway Kennels in Julian NC.

Email, phone, everything we had is no longer working and all I can find is old ads online, her site is gone. They bred GSDs and Boxers. I always gave her updates on J and one day she just disappeared. I wondered if perhaps the dogs were all seized and she was shut down or what. Couldn't think of anywhere else to ask about it, I figured some of you guys may have heard of a kennel shutdown or something similar. I doubt I'll find out what happened unless she reappears, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Sparkles, Lilith, Eve, Candy, Dahlia, Juno, Tonks.

Jaeger, Ben, Goose, Dirk, LingLing, Bentley, Elliot, Batman.
APBTLove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Hideaway Kennels - Home ??

nm, that's a boarding place...but I did find plenty of references to your breeder's kennels.
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Many apologies for bumping an old thread upon my first post.

I discovered this thread searching for Moore's Hideaway Kennels myself as I have one of their GSDs as well, Duchess, purchased Feb. '10. I too have had no luck with contacting them as well.

Does Jaeger have issues with being shy? Duchess does, very much so. When she started displaying these issues, I contacted Kimberly to ask her what the deal was, and she stated that her mother (whose name I cannot remember, I'd have to go pull paperwork) was a shy one too. She was the mostly black GSD they had.

Nice to see a fellow GSD owner out of this kennel.
3spoiledGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hi there!

Yes, Jaeger is very fear aggressive and has been since she brought him here. I talked to her and she said she'd never had a problem with it in her dogs.
This is his Pedigree:
Melody's Double Trouble Jaeger

His mother is Star, or "Moores Stormy Midnight Star". But I know she had a blanket female who's name I cannot remember.

Feel free to PM me or just post on here, it's fine. I'm happy to have someone to talk to about this.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

This is Jaeger Sire, Santana, and his Dam, Star.
Crazy, today is his 4th birthday.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Happy Birthday Jaeger! What a handsome fella you have there!

Thank you so very much for replying. Jaeger and Duchess have the same dam, but not sire. Duchess has Star's head but the rest of her is pretty much her daddy if I remember correctly.

She is so painfully shy with people who are not in her inner circle. I'm talking run upstairs and not come down shy. Also very clingy to me, to the point where she will not eat if I'm not right there. She was socialized as a puppy with other people, but suddenly at about 6-7 months began displaying this behavior. Nothing epic happened to destroy her confidence, and no one mistreated her. Interestingly enough she's not other dog shy. We added two other GSDs to the house in the intervening years after my husbands K9 partner passed, one of which is another female, Keera. The Keer, as she is known, and Duchess are best friends. That gave Duch a measure of confidence.

I ended up having to basically reorder my life around Duchess and her personality quirks. Which is ok, because she's my precious girl, and I love her to bits.

I never actually met Kimberly, only spoke to her on the phone. Right before acquiring Duch, I suddenly lost my GSD Lexa to cancer and it destroyed me. Couldn't stop crying, the house was too quiet. A family friend told my husband to get me a puppy to focus on, not as a replacement, but as a healing measure. My husband found Duch on the Internet and he and my father went and got her. Having to chase after a rambunctious puppy did work, and helped me grieve with the space i needed with the distraction I needed.

Nothing shady happened at the kennel from what the husband says, and he is rather particular, being former K-9. Duch apparently came blasting up to them and was very social. Kimberly was very good at keeping up with me, and did interview me extensively over the phone as I could not make the trip due to work concerns-which I was fine with, after all she was sending a puppy to a woman she'd never met.

Today she is very loving and affectionate. She is house protective and will alert on most anything she considers a threat.

That was a novel and total tl;dr, my apologies. I am so glad to have found you and Jaeger! Thank you for picking back up on this old thread.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Errr I just did some math, Jaeger was born in May 09 and Duch was born in Nov 09. I could have sworn she told me only one litter per Dam per year, but our fur kids are only about six months apart. Hmmm.

Niko is Duchs sire. She has his coloring.

Last edited by 3spoiledGSD; 05-02-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"seems to have dropped off of the face of the earth.
...............Hideaway Kennels " how appropriate then , seems like they are successful.

" I wondered if perhaps the dogs were all seized and she was shut down or what."
You might want to find out what little community papers there are in the area where she operated in when you got your dog. If there was any controversy or shut down the LOCAL paper may have had all the juicy details , that would be your lead . Or find out what animal care authorities , shelter, rescue , the local vets might know to help you locate her.

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Niko is J's Grandsire - interesting. And I remember your girls' litter - I was pretty upset when I saw she bred Star so soon after Jaegers' litter. And right back to the same blood that produced Jaeger - after I had told her he had some real temperament issues. I don't think she is breeding anymore, maybe something happened with one of her dogs that made her catch on she was not doing right by them.

I actually really wanted Star, but I never got around to talking to Kim about her because I still had two female dogs of my own and didn't want to bring a strange adult girl in.

Jaeger got progressively worse with his shyness as he got older, it peaked at about 8-10 months, and now at four years he is manageable, but I've also had to completely rearrange my life around him. In fours years, I've gone out of town without him once and worried the whole time. He is not all bark, and I have the broken metacarpals to prove it, when I blocked him from biting some drunk a-hole who wouldn't back off.

And that is pretty crazy - my parents bought be Jaeger after a real tragedy with our Pit Bull, and she had to be put down. Not as a replacement, but if I didn't have something to keep my mind off of her I don't know what I would have done. Shortly after we brought him home our elderly female GSD passed away and that did have a negative effect on him, since he looked up to her. Also, that old girls' name was Dutch, pretty odd coincidence. Dutch shares a TINY bit of blood with Jaeger (and your girl), VIA Cobert's Reno of Lakeside. He was Dutch's Grandsire and is several Generations back in J's/your girl's ped.
SEL CH (US/CAN) Cobert's Reno of Lakeside

I'd love to see pictures of your girl!

This is Jaeger as of today:

If not for his temperament issues he'd be perfect, he's the silliest, most loving, happy dog - as long as he is comfortable.
And if you have a facebook, feel free to add me!
https://www.facebook.com/melody.double.1?fref=ts
Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
"seems to have dropped off of the face of the earth.
...............Hideaway Kennels " how appropriate then , seems like they are successful.

" I wondered if perhaps the dogs were all seized and she was shut down or what."
You might want to find out what little community papers there are in the area where she operated in when you got your dog. If there was any controversy or shut down the LOCAL paper may have had all the juicy details , that would be your lead . Or find out what animal care authorities , shelter, rescue , the local vets might know to help you locate her.
I did not think of that. Thank you!

I wondered if she'd been shut down, because around the same time a bunch of familiar looking GSDs and boxers were popping up in shelters around her area.

She brought Jaeger to my house, and I never saved her address since it was on the website, or I'd go there and see what is actually going on. For all of her unethical breeding, she was a very nice lady.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.