To Buy or Not to Buy - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

YES!!!! He does!
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

Here are some red flags and more reason to NOT buy from that website... I am concerned with her getting 2 pups and no experience but I will just go with reasons she shouldn't buy from this website.

RED FLAGS (in no perticular order)
#1- SKETCHY website selling many breeds of dogs "QUICK PLACEMENT!" I DONT THINK SO!

#2- PRICE! I understand 4 months but still

#3- on the GSD page it says "I CANNOT hold any pups without a paypal deposit thanks. " NO WAY!!

#4-Dame is tied to a tree...

#5 Hook chain rigged to the neck of the dog "Chrissy" while she tramples in her own poop....

#6 it says NO WHERE on the GSD site about temperment which is KINDA a big deal!

#7 nothing about HIP certified

#8 not sure if its just me but don't the puppies heads look a little small? maybe im imagining this one

#9 The Sire is still a pup himself so they have NO CLUE on the temperment!

#10 I see nothing about vet/health garuntee or that they will take the puppy back with no problem if there is a problem (which I imagine there will be) or if the puppy is a bad fit for the home! Suprised I don't see a "ALL SALES ARE FINAL NO REFUNDS" sign!

#11 this phrase on the home page bothers me "PLEASE REALIZE ONCE YOU HAVE PICKED OUT AND DEPOSITED A KITTEN/PUPPY THAT YOU HAVE RESERVED THAT CRITTER AND IT HAS BEEN MARKED AS SPOKEN FOR, I HAVE LOST OTHER GREAT HOMES, SO IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND TO ANOTHER ONE, THERE WILL BE A 50.00 EXTRA CHARGE " immediately followed by "
THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING, AS YOU DO NOT GO PICK OUT A CAR AND DO YOUR DEPOSIT PAPERWORK AND THEN GO BACK A WEEK LATER AND SAY I WANT THE BLUE ONE NOT THE RED ONE. "

# what number am i on?-"Our puppies are started on mush at about 3-4 weeks old, THEY ARE STILL NURSING ON MOMMY at this time, we have our own special formula we have used for many many years"- Im sorry could you repeat that?

#XX-"Possibly consider a ground courier if you have had experience with one before.
IF USING A GROUND COURIER, you must set everything up, pay for everything including crate if needed, and USDA vet check to cross state lines, you must pay the courier, and I must be paid in full by the pickup date, via paypal." again WHAT!

Now due to this phrase "Information and pictures on this site are COPYRIGHT to Bellyacrescritters and CANNOT be used with out written consent from me!" (which color I changed because yellow font is dumb) I will announce that EVERYTHING in quotes comes DIRECTLY from BACG HOME PAGE - BELLY ACRES CRITTERS (BACG) SOUTHEASTERN OHIO and is their words and I have NO permission to use them. They have not consented with me informing you WHY this is a terrible idea... If your friend is still not convinced to STAY AWAY then her fate has been sealed and she will roll the dice and get what she gets!! PLEASE bring her to this site and educate her, there is PLENTY of information here to help even the most ignorant of potential dog consumers! OK rant has ended sorry I took this on so long... GOOD LUCK!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master Member

Can we at least send rescue for Chrissy? It's apparent that her attempts at escape have been unsuccessful. Intelligent, I'm sure she is, but happy? I doubt it...
Lakl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakl View Post
Can we at least send rescue for Chrissy? It's apparent that her attempts at escape have been unsuccessful. Intelligent, I'm sure she is, but happy? I doubt it...

I was thinking the same! I felt very bad for all the dogs on that site! I wish I could save em all!! LIKE A GSD SUPERMAN!! As much as they claim to not be about the money it sure seems like their greed has lead to some sad conditions for dogs....
Old 12-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitsisqua View Post

I'm so glad your friend decided to wait/look elsewhere. Good job!
This post is one of the MANY reasons this forum needs a "LIKE" button!!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Default Breeders response to questions

*** Post removed AGAIN by Admin. Posting private emails is prohibited on this board unless you have the express permission of the author of that email to post it on a public message board. The first time you posted this email it was removed. Do NOT do it again.***

-Admin

Last edited by Chris Wild; 12-11-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Board rule violation
Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
***Quote removed by Admin***
Yikes.... I'm glad your friend decided against this breeder...

Last edited by Chris Wild; 12-11-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Quoting removed post
GsdLoverr729 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
*** Post removed AGAIN by Admin. Posting private emails is prohibited on this board unless you have the express permission of the author of that email to post it on a public message board. The first time you posted this email it was removed. Do NOT do it again.***

-Admin
SORRY! It won't happen again
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.