Long Haired Breeders in Long Island NY? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Long Haired Breeders in Long Island NY?

Hey all hows it going. My family and I have been doing a lot of research on the breed for some time and we decided a long haired GSD is right for us. My wife and I have always loved the breed but never had the room to get one. Now that we own a house and have a large yard its time. Well basically Im wandering if any of you can recommend a breeder in Long Island NY? We will get a puppy or even an adult dog. The sex does not really matter. All I care for is that he/she is black and red in color.

If its an adult then he/she must be good with children, small dogs and cats. Also to be housebroken. If anyone knows of any or can recommend a good reputable breeder please do let me know. Thanks all!
Justaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Most showline breeders have long stock coats pop up in litters now and then. Find a good breeder(and don't keep yourself limited to Long Island) then look at the coat length that they have produced in the past, most often 1 or 2 coaties are normal in a litter.
Better to go with a good breeder that isn't really close to you than one that may not be producing a pup you'd be willing to live with for the next decade.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks but your not going to believe. I just rescued today a 4 month old male GSD which i I found on Craigslist. The lady couldn't wait to get rid of him and only for 100! He was in a big mess. I had to take him.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Good for you!! Please post some pics. I hope he turns into a great dog for you. Is he a coatie?
Old 11-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
Good for you!! Please post some pics. I hope he turns into a great dog for you. Is he a coatie?

No he has a regular coat. I know my preference was long haired but when I saw the ad for him I felt bad for his situation and when I saw him this morning I fell in love with him. Atleast he has the color that I wanted lol.

I have pics of him on this thread here..
Just saved a 4 month male
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.