Breeder review - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Breeder review

Hi everyone, I am looking to get a German Shepherd and would like some information on a Breeder in Oregon, her name is Mary Bryant with VonWaldhimmel kennel. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I would pass.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Rei
Elite Member

I would personally pass as well - but that is based on my exchanges with only two von Waldhimmel dog owners, so my own experience is limited to say the least.

Are you willing to ship or make a drive outside the Washington/Oregon area? Are you looking exclusively for a dog from German show lines?

Bree - 2/11/08 Tuxedo DLH Cat

Raina - 8/12/11 Black Smoke DLH Cat

Rei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had a extremely bad experiance with shipping my last dog a few years ago and would prefer someone in the Washington/Oregon area so I can drive and go to the Kennel. He doesnt have to be from a German Show line no, But I prefer the red/black. This will be my second GSD, my first I rescued when I was in my twenties and he was truly an amazing dog that it has taken me this long to even consider getting another one. I currently have a Doberman who came to me at 7 months old who was NOT what was promised and I have spent the last 2 years helping her become what she was meant to be, a loyal, loving true companion. I did not do my research well enough on her and my heart cannot take going through that again. I have never met a broken dog before. She lacks and still to some extent does, lack confidance and I know that is something that will always be a part of her amzing personlity. I train at Canyon Crest Canine Training Center in Tacoma, Washington with Ron Pace and Janet Hersey and they both suggest getting a male for Quinn but he must be a confidant dog. I am not opposed to rescue but again, he has to be a self assured boy.
I have been advised to get a puppy and I found this forum and would really appreciate any and all help in picking the right Breeder this time. I will take your advise and pass on VonWaldhimmel, Thank you.
Flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rei
Elite Member

Flygirl, I'm surprised to hear that was their solution to your Doberman's confidence issues. My dog is incredibly self assured, bold, and highly confident, but he would rather walk all over another dog in the house than show him the ropes. Not that I would allow it - but that was a matter of management. He had to be taught that dogs in my house are my guests and allowed to the toys, beds, chews, water, and, most importantly, my attention.

Around other dogs, he tends to like things to go his way. Only child syndrome and all He can easily live with another dog, but I take special care to remind him to behave around dogs with lower confidence (not allowing him to steal toys, even as an invitation to play, asking him to stay still and wait while another dog comes to me to cuddle, instead of letting him insert himself between us, etc.).

A highly confidant dog could be the best thing for Quinn, but it also may not turn out to be the ideal situation. There is a wide spectrum of temperaments and personality types among dogs, so seeking out a dog to help with your current one's issues isn't, in my opinion, a reliable solution. However, if you are looking into the breed and a second dog for other reasons as well (ex: to be your companion, as an obedience or sporting dog, etc.), I'd like to send you a PM about some breeders in the area.

Bree - 2/11/08 Tuxedo DLH Cat

Raina - 8/12/11 Black Smoke DLH Cat

Rei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.