Thought on this German breeder and litter - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #61 (permalink)

So after lots of input and thought, I have narrowed down my focus and hopefully i'll get the kind of pup i'm looking for. Below is who I have chosen. I have a deposit with both breeders. Wish me luck!!!

1. Argo x Bara pup, this is an exciting litter for me
Line-breeding for the progency of Argo z Libocké zahrady and VD Bára z Ronbaru

I have been talking with Dari from German Shepherd Dogs Van Den Heuvel k9 406-438-1092 and she has 3 very interesting breedings and she would be the best of these 3 fitting what I am looking for.

Orry (IT) x Xanta Vitaxis
Line-breeding for the progency of SG Orry (IT) and SG Xanta Vitaxis

or

Norbo Ben Ju(from frozen) x her Dam Bomba
pedigree for Norbo
VELMI DOBRY NORBO BEN-JU
pedigree for Bomba
Line-breeding for the progency of SG Isaac vom Bracheler See and Bega spod Kostola

or

Varen Van Den Heuvel (Son of Orry) x Sami Gymor
Pedigree for Sami
Sami Gymor
Pedigree for Varen
Line-breeding for the progency of SG Orry (IT) and Ulrike Egidius
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 06:07 AM   #62 (permalink)

Did you decide which way you're going yet???
GSD13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #63 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I will call around 6 pm PST.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #64 (permalink)
Crowned Member

"The combination of Lord vd GM with a DDR x Javir daughter makes me raise an eyebrow. That wouldn't be my first choice for schutzhund sport."

I have to ask why not?

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #65 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
"The combination of Lord vd GM with a DDR x Javir daughter makes me raise an eyebrow. That wouldn't be my first choice for schutzhund sport."

I have to ask why not?
I think the pups could do the sport but won't grow up to be the type of dogs easily trained for high levels of competition--which is what the poster has indicated is his goal.

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 AM   #66 (permalink)
Crowned Member

still needing to ask why. The DDR portion of the pedigree provides a rich vein of resources to Bernd Lierberg .
Javir does also .

Carmspack
carmspack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #67 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Yes, but the Lierberg's can be late maturing and sometimes much more difficult to touch or much harder to bring into drive. With the training now days not many know how to work these dogs.
Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 PM   #68 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Putting down deposits on two litters?? Are you prepared to forfeit the one you don't go with???

Agreed that for your goals, I don't see that these are a good fit either...

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 AM   #69 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmspack View Post
still needing to ask why. The DDR portion of the pedigree provides a rich vein of resources to Bernd Lierberg .
Javir does also .
I don't have sufficient experience with the Javir progeny, but my impression is that they are very high drive, have very high prey aggression, and have very low thresholds. Combine that with some DDR lines that can be very civil and have high defense/territory aggression. There may also be some dogs with a lot of social aggression and some who may be a bit soft in temperament. So, in the puppies, you have a very wide dispersion of traits, and the balance of hardness, threshold, and aggression is probably going to be pretty varied across the litter.

As I'm sure you know, having a great working dog isn't just having good nerves and high drive--there's a lot of other things that work together to make the whole dog, to determine how the dog learns, how he handles frustration and anticipation, how the dog handles inactivity as well as periods of intense and frequent high-stress activity. Many of the best dogs are not just high drive and intense--their whole make up works well together to create a dog who is a pleasure to train and live with and who can take 100% of that drive and release it into the work with intensity and control.

The best pups from this type of breeding could be awesome, but the worst ones could be a terrible "package" for working and titling in schutzhund (even if that pup ends up being a fantastic dog for some other type of home). For someone who is looking for a dog to take to national level schutzhund competition... I don't think that this type of breeding is the best choice. Which is the question I was addressing.

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 04:25 AM   #70 (permalink)

Hello all, it's been a while since i've been on. I got really busy with work and school and having to move. My stupid landlord is going out of the country and 2 months before he leaves he tells me.

So.......here's my update.

The Argo x Bara litter i passed on. I didn't think i would find a new place so soon, went from renting to buying but I found a great place.

So, so far I have lost two deposits but it doesn't bother me just because I feel more than anything, i want to click with the breeder. I feel like it should be a bond. I also have become more enlightened on breeders, breedings, and that COLOR DOESN'T MATTER HAHAHAH so.........

I have only continued to work with Dari (who is amazing and great to work with) but dropped out of all previous litters and wanted something I could really get behind and she truly gave me it.... Her Hank vom Weinbergblick and Fuxie Vepeden breeding.
Line-breeding for the progency of V (LGZS) Hank vom Weinbergblick and Fuxie Vepeden

I have seen progeny from this and I am in love with one of them.

Cliff from here told me about a awesome guy named Zbynek. This is a good man and he has a great breeding coming up also

Zwinger Aritar Bastet: Zucht von Ares vom Wolfsblut und Jawa Aritar Bastet bei Working-dog.eu

Both are whelping within 2 days of eachother.
I truly believe either of these will give me when I am looking for and would love other opinions.

I really like the Tom son and Sid daughter combination but Hank brings Vito, Tom, Qerry, Fado and Ernst and Dam side is strong too with Norman Eqidius, Nike Eqidius, Jaguar Aritar Bastet, and Grim z Pohranicni straze CS

Both of these I believe will give me what I want..........either way, I will have a new pup by end of March!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.