Thought on this German breeder and litter - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Anthony - I am sorry if you emailed me and did not get an answer......I am very prompt in answering emails....but I did spend almost 6 months in hospital/rehab after a serious car wreck.

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
Anthony - I am sorry if you emailed me and did not get an answer......I am very prompt in answering emails....but I did spend almost 6 months in hospital/rehab after a serious car wreck.

Lee
Oh wow, I am very sorry to hear that. I hope everything is back to 100% or at least all is going in the right direction.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
Elite Member

I wouldn't hesitate to get a pup from the Argo x Bara litter--I love her pedigree and she's very highly trained and titled.

The combination of Lord vd GM with a DDR x Javir daughter makes me raise an eyebrow. That wouldn't be my first choice for schutzhund sport.

I think you've gotten some good input from others in this thread. I like and respect Jean very much--but some of the other breeders you have talked to have been more closely focused with their breeding programs on producing dogs that excel in schutzhund and other bitesports, which is what I think others were trying to point out.

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackthornGSD View Post
I wouldn't hesitate to get a pup from the Argo x Bara litter--I love her pedigree and she's very highly trained and titled.

The combination of Lord vd GM with a DDR x Javir daughter makes me raise an eyebrow. That wouldn't be my first choice for schutzhund sport.

I think you've gotten some good input from others in this thread. I like and respect Jean very much--but some of the other breeders you have talked to have been more closely focused with their breeding programs on producing dogs that excel in schutzhund and other bitesports, which is what I think others were trying to point out.
The Argo x Bara litter I am truly hoping for. It am very excited for. I would also very very happy with a Argo x Qash litter. The Qash x Lord paring, what is the raised eyebrow for? Am I missing something in the pedigree???
Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gEEksWag03 View Post
The Argo x Bara litter I am truly hoping for. It am very excited for. I would also very very happy with a Argo x Qash litter. The Qash x Lord paring, what is the raised eyebrow for? Am I missing something in the pedigree???
It could be just great... But I don't know what the Javir x an all DDR female breeding produced in Qash--I could see that combo producing either some very nice or some very mixed up dogs. And then Lord's pedigree has some elements that are more civil and dominant-type... So, it could be great--but it's going to matter a lot how the dam is and how the rest of her litter turned out--what elements predominated in that breeding and what will she produce?

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #36 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I agree with Blackthorn in her assessment....I know what she is saying but it is difficult to explain unless you really understand the traits and interactions of these dogs. I really like the Argo/Bara litter as giving the best total dog that can go as far as your training ability. Solid, solid working traits with good hardness and nerve genetically...the only concerns you can pm me if you want. The other two breedings may produce some nice dogs, but I don't like the Javier fit with the newer DDR lines. Doesn't mean great dogs wouldn't come from, but national level sport dogs.....possibly but don't like odds. Let me also say that Jean is very very nice breeder and very knowledgable of the breed. But when looking for top sport....there are certain lines that seem to be prominent....other than Javir....I don't see it.
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #37 (permalink)

I am really hoping for a Argo x Bara pup but if not, could anyone please recommend a breeder that would breed a dog for what I am looking for?
Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Just to be really clear on what they are saying-the female matters and I would never buy from a breeder who believes that when they got a good dog it was due to the stud only-ever- which isn't commentary on the breeder you selected-I have no clue-go contact clubs in the area and seek out their reccomendation
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holland View Post
Just to be really clear on what they are saying-the female matters and I would never buy from a breeder who believes that when they got a good dog it was due to the stud only-ever- which isn't commentary on the breeder you selected-I have no clue-go contact clubs in the area and seek out their reccomendation
Holland, I have gone to some clubs and why not ask on here. However, this is a German Shepherd Forum, I think there are very knowledgeable people on here who can recommend breeders. If you have any breeders you are in mind, please pm me. Thx
Old 11-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #40 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Anthony,

May I ask who you will be training with? That is part of the equation, as well.
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.