Breeders on West Coast - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Breeders on West Coast

I will be getting a german shepherd in the near future and would like to know some reputable breeders on the West Cost (CA,AZ or CO). I am interested in the Eastern German Shepherd Lines. Thanks for your help!
Billycor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You might try True Haus in Northern CA. I believe some of their dogs go back to the old DDR lines.

German Shepherd Dog, True Haus Kennels
Freestep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Iam with Freestep, True Haus is excellent.
I have a dog from Vom Haus Reid in Salem Oregon. There are also excellent dogs out of Washington Von Grunheide Shepherds
wildrivers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys! Appreciate your replies, any other ideas?
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Billycor, I have a couple questions for you that may help us help you. First, what are you looking for in a dog that leads you to be interested in a dog of East German lines? Perhaps there are dogs from other lines that would fit your bill just fine or be a better fit for what you are looking for. For instance, in looking at some of the Truehaus dogs, I do not think of them as being of East German lines. There may be a few East German dogs back in the pedigrees, but I would not consider these East German lines. Yet, Truehaus may have precisely what you are looking for.

Are you set on the breeder being located in CA, AZ, or CO or are you open to shipping? There are a few breeders of "DDR" lines up in Washington - Schraderhaus, Timberhaus, and Vom Banach. I am not aware of any breeders of East German lines in CA, AZ, or CO.
jmdjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdjack View Post
Billycor, I have a couple questions for you that may help us help you. First, what are you looking for in a dog that leads you to be interested in a dog of East German lines? Perhaps there are dogs from other lines that would fit your bill just fine or be a better fit for what you are looking for. For instance, in looking at some of the Truehaus dogs, I do not think of them as being of East German lines. There may be a few East German dogs back in the pedigrees, but I would not consider these East German lines. Yet, Truehaus may have precisely what you are looking for.

Are you set on the breeder being located in CA, AZ, or CO or are you open to shipping? There are a few breeders of "DDR" lines up in Washington - Schraderhaus, Timberhaus, and Vom Banach. I am not aware of any breeders of East German lines in CA, AZ, or CO.
Your exactly right, Truehaus is somewhat that I am looking for. I have owned a german shepherd my entire life and want to go the eastern route this time. Since I am an very active person and enjoy the outdoors 300 days of the year, i feel as if the eastern lines would be a great breed to have. I want a companion and a social dog and enjoy their beautiful dark sable coat. My friend has owned an eastern line and it has turned me toward that direction ever since. I would perfer not to ship because I would rather meet the breeder, see the parents, examine the puppy, ect. But I am open to any options on the west coast. Truehaus fits what I am looking for, however I want to compare multiple reputable breeders.

Thanks appreciate the reply. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts
Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

Billycor, as noted in my prior post I am not aware of any breeders in CA, AZ, or CO who are breeding "pure" east german lines.

I have a 3 1/2 year old female of east german lines. I got her from Timberhaus and had her shipped to me as an eight week old pup. I had a good experience with the breeder. I have commented on my dog a few times, most recently in the following thread: Eastern GSD (DDR) Breeders in PA. While she is a dark sable, she is not a black sable of the type that seems to draw the oohs and ahs and drive the interest for many in the east german line dogs. IF I was set on getting another dog of east german lines, Timberhaus and Schraderhaus would be on my short list. If you were not set on east german lines, I would have some other thoughts. Good luck.
jmdjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ajay singh? They seem to have great dogs. They are in the san fran area. On the west coast id say him. But im not sure what bloodlines he has or uses now.

Last edited by pets4life; 11-10-2012 at 12:40 PM.
pets4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

His dogs are West German working lines
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

oh my bad
pets4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.