Need help finding a reputable breeder/trainer - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Member

only germany huh.
good luck
Ace952 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

You might also want to check with Staatsmacht Kennel, one of the top working lines kennel in the world and see what he can do for you. If he can't help you, he would be a great person to send you to someone that can.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLZ86 View Post
Bueller... bueller....bueller...
It sounds to me like you have your mind made up on where you are getting your dog.

I mentioned breeding because, while intact, this dog sired a few litters and a few turned out to have mega esophagus, and at the request of the owner, was not to be a stud.

If you are asking for opinions on where to get quality imports, I can only point you to where I got mine: Von Falkenhein AK9 Breeder (German Shepherd Breeder German Shepherd Puppies)

I wanted to do all the training and titling myself and didn't care for a fully trained GSD and, instead, went for a pup which I got from AK9. They also sell fully trained K9 imports too. ->

Quote:
German Import
V-Orex vom Arolser Holz- AVAILABLE
Hips: a-normal (Excellent) Elbows: a-normal (Excellent)
Show: V-KKL1 (Breed Survey 1st Class)
Height: 64 cm
Titles: BH, AD, SchH3, IPO3, FH1, FH2, FCI Participant in 2011 High Scores 96/93/95

Sire: V-Nanno vom Arolser Holz, SchH3, IPO3, FH2, KKL1, a-normal
Dam: V-Vanna vom Arolser Holz, SchH3, KKL1, a-normal
Orex is the perfect example of how a German Shepherd should be and what a German Shepherd was bred for. His protection is hard and he is very confident, his nose is incredible. He mastered the hard FH2 title and his obedience is flawless. He also received KKL1 (Breed Survey), and has a-normal hips and elbows (Certified Excellent Hips and Elbows) He is also the perfect family companion, very social and loving. Orex is an excellent Sport or family protection dog. He is not being sold as a stud dog.

Last edited by gowen; 11-05-2012 at 03:15 PM.
gowen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 02:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Sorry. This website is really confusing and when I click on my thread it doesn't take me to the first page but rather the last... which is confusing.

I have purchased my dog and he will be arriving on Tuesday. I posted another thread of his videos if anyone is interested.
KLZ86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Quote:
Sorry. This website is really confusing and when I click on my thread it doesn't take me to the first page but rather the last... which is confusing.
That is also a setting in your User CP - this thread has a link on how to change it: http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...backwards.html
Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I was looking at TRAINED working adults in Germany around 2-3 years of age. The dog will be a family dog but must be highly trained in protection and obedience. I would rather the dog be a PURELY bred and trained dog from Germany with the German commands and extremely obedient. My budget is around 12K. And yes I do plan on shipping since I am in Texas.

Hate to say it, but the dog you just bought is nowhere near finished or "highly" trained. I hope you didn't pay 12k for that dog.
Mrs.K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I was told that this dog would be sent to me in "turn key" style. His commands would be very sharp and on point and impeccable breeding.
If this is true, you still need good support to maintain training after the dog arrives. My dogs don't respond to a stranger in a sharp and on point manner...well, mostly they don't respond at all.
Sue
justde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.K View Post
Hate to say it, but the dog you just bought is nowhere near finished or "highly" trained. I hope you didn't pay 12k for that dog.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justde View Post
If this is true, you still need good support to maintain training after the dog arrives. My dogs don't respond to a stranger in a sharp and on point manner...well, mostly they don't respond at all.
Also agree. Most dogs, and certainly most dogs of working breeds with some protective instinct in them, are not going to listen to just anyone, no matter how well they are trained. A bonding period is required to build a relationship with the dog. This is always the case when purchasing a trained dog, and also when sending a dog out for training. The dog has developed a relationship and means of communication with the trainer, but that doesn't translate to every person on the planet. Sure, some dogs will listen to anyone with a commanding voice... or a ball or treat... but IMO a GSD should not be amongst those. And *especially* not a dog that is being purchased for protection. What good is a protection dog who will blindly obey anyone and everyone giving commands whether the dog knows them or not?

Seems like you've encountered some good sales people in your search who are telling you what you think you want to hear....
Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
That's what I was thinking.
Capone22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
If so, someone in Germany must be very happy!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.