looking for solid GSD working lines - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default looking for solid GSD working lines

well, as one of my dogs had to go to sleep, due to old age a while back (bless her) i am now on search for a new pup. this will require importing a dog from another country. the country's i am looking at are Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands. i chose these because of distance, as the pup has to be shipped to me.

now, i am looking for offspring from breeders who breed from solid, social and "handler hard dogs" with strong nerves and good health in mind when they are breeding.

the intention for the dog is to be used in protection sports, but it will also function as a member of the family, as i consider my other dogs to be, and always have been.

any opinions and/or suggestions where i can find breeders in the country's mentioned above who breed from dogs like this?

thank you for taking the time to read the post ad thank you in advance for any advises and reply's.
skinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

skinner, if you can go up to your User CP in the narrow black band up top of the page and click on it, then in your Control Panel, Edit Details to put in your GENERAL location.............that's a huge help when we recommend information. It will show up to the left of every post like my Poconos stuff is <------

If you are in the USA, there are great breeders that are breeding from the lines you want plus they will speak English well and you may even be able to visit the breeders and see the pups.

Important thing is to do all your research on the front end so you are really getting one of those breeders and not one who will just say they are to get that $$$$ for a pup.

Have you looked at and really read all the information on (click this ---> Welcome to the GSD/FAQ's for the first time owner - German Shepherd Dog Forums in general and ---> How to find a puppy! in specific

plus Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
MaggieRoseLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieRoseLee View Post
skinner, if you can go up to your User CP in the narrow black band up top of the page and click on it, then in your Control Panel, Edit Details to put in your GENERAL location.............that's a huge help when we recommend information. It will show up to the left of every post like my Poconos stuff is <------

If you are in the USA, there are great breeders that are breeding from the lines you want plus they will speak English well and you may even be able to visit the breeders and see the pups.

Important thing is to do all your research on the front end so you are really getting one of those breeders and not one who will just say they are to get that $$$$ for a pup.

Have you looked at and really read all the information on (click this ---> Welcome to the GSD/FAQ's for the first time owner - German Shepherd Dog Forums in general and ---> How to find a puppy! in specific

thank you for your reply. yes location should now be fixed. i know there are some great dogs in your country and lines for that matter, but i believe it may be to far away, even for shipping. and yes a languagebarrier can be quite frustrating at times

reason for importing is because of the very limited choice of kennels in my location and always and constant waiting lists, goes for Sweden as well, near giving me allergies

i do have some time to spend on my search though. i was planning to get the pup around early spring/summer next year but pay a deposit early in regard to choosing the pup.

i guess i am looking for around 3 to 4 suggestions in each of the country's i have mentioned so i can narrow down my search and compare it with the ones i have looked at myself for quite some time.

again thank you for taking the time
Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

IMO - and there will be disputes!!!!!!!!!!! I would suggest some of the Belgian kennels as I think the West German are more into the extreme high prey sports dogs....I have a dog from Spitzbubezwinger in Belgium....she is an awesome house dog, wonderful wiht people and children and horses and cats and other dogs...her progeny are of the same temperament....if you look at their females, most go back to Babsi Hexenforst, who is the dam of my Basha.....this is a very strong mother line - yes, West German, but bred to Belgian males...also, they have a breeding female from Ufo Guy's Hof (my Basha is from Ufo and Babsi).....and I have bred to Ufo sons with my other female line....I would highly recommend this kennel - or perhaps Guido from van Guy's Hof may help you find a pup with his lines....

You are not looking for a high high energy sport competition dog - and I live with and have bred these lines (which CAN be high level sport dogs too!!!!!!!!!!!) so I know that there is a good possibility of getting what you want....

Also Nick Vanneroom in Belgium may be able to point you to a good type of litter...even though he is a primarily Mali guy, he travel to Finland and Norway alot! I can provide contact info if you cannot find it easily on the web.

Lee
Csabre Sch1, Hexe Sch2, SG Bengal, Komet, Kira HGH & Kougar v Wolfstraum ~ Ziberia BH ~ ATB Basha Sch3 IPO3, Danger Sch1 RH SAR ~ Kougar Sch3, Kyra Sch3, Cito Sch2, Alice Sch1, Kelsey CD, Ret ~ Fenja Sch3s

wolfstraum.net
wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

litter currently discussed see thread Von Giliannes - Belgian breeder. spit some thoughts?
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
IMO - and there will be disputes!!!!!!!!!!! I would suggest some of the Belgian kennels as I think the West German are more into the extreme high prey sports dogs....I have a dog from Spitzbubezwinger in Belgium....she is an awesome house dog, wonderful wiht people and children and horses and cats and other dogs...her progeny are of the same temperament....if you look at their females, most go back to Babsi Hexenforst, who is the dam of my Basha.....this is a very strong mother line - yes, West German, but bred to Belgian males...also, they have a breeding female from Ufo Guy's Hof (my Basha is from Ufo and Babsi).....and I have bred to Ufo sons with my other female line....I would highly recommend this kennel - or perhaps Guido from van Guy's Hof may help you find a pup with his lines....

You are not looking for a high high energy sport competition dog - and I live with and have bred these lines (which CAN be high level sport dogs too!!!!!!!!!!!) so I know that there is a good possibility of getting what you want....

Also Nick Vanneroom in Belgium may be able to point you to a good type of litter...even though he is a primarily Mali guy, he travel to Finland and Norway alot! I can provide contact info if you cannot find it easily on the web.

Lee
thank you for your reply wolfstraum. i might pm you about the info of your friend if ok?

what can i say, i am looking for a high energy sport dog as i do like to train with dogs who are very reactive, but not at the cost of the dogs health and nerves.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

I would contact Rinus Bastiaansen in Belgium. I've seen many dogs from him now and all have been super. If he doesn't have what you want he can help find it (he recently helped find and send over a Malinois to a friend of mine). We live in the USA and find his prices fair and shipping is easy with him even all the way here. I contacted him a few years ago and found him easy to work with.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I would contact Rinus Bastiaansen in Belgium. I've seen many dogs from him now and all have been super. If he doesn't have what you want he can help find it (he recently helped find and send over a Malinois to a friend of mine). We live in the USA and find his prices fair and shipping is easy with him even all the way here. I contacted him a few years ago and found him easy to work with.
yeskennel von der daelenberghutte is on my list of Belgian breeders

again thank you for your replys and suggestions, keep em coming.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Second that on Rinus .
carmspack is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2012, 11:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Also would reccommend Rinus
holland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.