Looking for breeders around East Texas. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for breeders around East Texas.

Hello all, new to the forums and thought I'd ask if anyone knows of breeders around the East Texas area. I've searched the internet but can't find any but yet there are german shepherd dogs everywhere around here! I'm looking for one around the Tyler/Longview Tx area, I'm hopeing for american bloodlines (I've found German bloodlines to be expensive.) I may want an adult so I'm not sure if anyone sells older dogs. Thanks for any replies!
IESI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

If you are looking for an adult, you might want to look at a rescue. There are many purebred GSDs in rescues. Breed-specific rescues are great because the dogs are usually living in a foster home and therefore are most likely housebroken, and you know how they get along with other dogs, cats, kids, other people, etc. The rescue can help match you to a dog that fits your lifestyle too.

I_LOVE_MY_MIKKO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hey, I'm in Tyler too!
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
Hey, I'm in Tyler too!
Awesome! where did you get your dog? Do you know of any local breeders?
IESI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I sent you a pm with that info.
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Second Chance German Shepherd Rescue Houston

Here is a rescue in Texas - don't know if they are close to you since I don't know Texas at all. I love Lulu on their site - if I wasn't in Michigan and didn't already have a puppy coming I would really be interested in her.
LaneyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IESI View Post
Hello all, new to the forums and thought I'd ask if anyone knows of breeders around the East Texas area. I've searched the internet but can't find any but yet there are german shepherd dogs everywhere around here! I'm looking for one around the Tyler/Longview Tx area, I'm hopeing for american bloodlines (I've found German bloodlines to be expensive.) I may want an adult so I'm not sure if anyone sells older dogs. Thanks for any replies!
I am sorry to ask the same but I am in the same position except that im looking for a puppy in Texas. I live in the Dallas area but dont mind a two hour drive or so. Ive done alot of searching & find that alot are either to suspect or some seem to sell gsd show types only with german blood lines that are a little out of my price range. I just want a good companion in a gsd but not a mut just a true gsd so to speak.
Rod84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyB View Post
Second Chance German Shepherd Rescue Houston

Here is a rescue in Texas - don't know if they are close to you since I don't know Texas at all. I love Lulu on their site - if I wasn't in Michigan and didn't already have a puppy coming I would really be interested in her.

Great group
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default Breeder north of Ft. Worth, TX

I have no idea of the cost of her GSDs but I met the owner of Cross Timbers Kennels at a Dog Show last month in Ft. Worth, TX. Nice lady with nice American line GSDs. I am looking at the German Lines and let her know. She asked me to come up and meet up with 4 weeks old puppies to help socialize. I love to do this and it was a very pleasant experience. Her Web site is http:Cross Timbers Kennels The puppies were calm and sweet. She was in the "meet the breed" booth at the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod84 View Post
I am sorry to ask the same but I am in the same position except that im looking for a puppy in Texas. I live in the Dallas area but dont mind a two hour drive or so. Ive done alot of searching & find that alot are either to suspect or some seem to sell gsd show types only with german blood lines that are a little out of my price range. I just want a good companion in a gsd but not a mut just a true gsd so to speak.
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

We've got some good German working and show line breeders in the Dallas area. I don't know anyone in Texas for American lines except Tripp Hill in Austin. I hear good things about her. For you two that mentioned a price range, what is your price range?

At the Bridge:
Cash van der Animal Shelter 2006-2010
Emoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.