Recommendations for Breeder in Midwest? (WI, MN, IL, MI) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
s88

Recommendations for Breeder in Midwest? (WI, MN, IL, MI)

Hi All
My husband and I are going to be getting a GSD in the next 6 months or so.

My husband raised / had a beautiful white german shepherd who passed away awhile ago (he's no stranger to shepherds).

We'd like a dog that is energetic, trains well, great personality etc...
I'm not too sure about this worker dog / show. We just want a solid, healthy companion dog with great temperament.

Particularly, We'd like a breeder that doesn't "Mass breed" or anything like that. We'd like a personal touch with beautiful dogs - Even someone that breeds out of home on a small scale would be nice.

Can someone recommend good, reputable, ethical breeders to check out in the Midwest?
Particularly WI but we're willing to drive for the right breeder / dog.

Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited by s88; 03-31-2012 at 02:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 02:54 AM
Elite Member

My breeder (Robin and Carlos at Team Huerta Hof) is in IL, and she's also a member of the forum. I've been happy with the support I've received.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Adventures and Dog Product Reviews-
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 04:12 AM

Are you looking for working or showline?

As marshies mentioned, Huerta Hof has some very nice dogs. Huerta Hof German Shepherds I also like Alta-Tollhaus's German showlines. Alta-Tollhaus German Shepherd Dogs

For working lines, I have had some good things about Von der Staatsmacht. Staatsmacht Kennel, one of the top working lines kennel in the world Gildaf is another working line breeder and she is located in Wisconsin. - Home Also, Wildhaus is in MI. (Wildhaus Kennels, Working German Shepherd Breeder in Michigan)

Good luck in your puppy search! I am sure more people will chime in with ideas. You can also do a search on the boards for MN/WI breeders. I know there are several threads around with people looking for breeders in the same locations you are interested in.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Crowned Member

You can try :: BILL KULLA DOG TRAINING :: in IL. Another thought is looking for puppies in rescue.

Elaine and the herd
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
s88

I'm not sure I'm particular for showlines vs working.
I just want a great companion dog, healthy, beautiful, great temperament, loving etc...

S
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 PM

Mike diehl has some puppies still he's outta Indianapolis the pups are in gridley IL picked mine up last night
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 AM
The Italian One

Lightbulb

2 breeders I'd recommend are where our dogs come from.

Staatsmacht Kennel, one of the top working lines kennel in the world in Minnesota

or

Zu Treuen Händen Working German Shepherd Dogs in Michigan

Both of these are working lines.

I think both of these breeders are "good, reputable, ethical" breeders. I've found both of them to be very honest with us. Both breeders are concerned with the future development of the puppies and we remain in contact with both of them.

Home of Sundance, Butch, Wyatt & Whiskey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshies View Post
My breeder (Robin and Carlos at Team Huerta Hof) is in IL, and she's also a member of the forum. I've been happy with the support I've received.

Cannot go wrong with Huerta Hof.

Carolina Johnson

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM

Highly recommend Huerta Hof. My last three dogs have been from them...and the rest will be too!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Master Member

I also recommend Huerta Hof. I do not have a pup from them yet, but when my family is ready that is where it will come from. I have also met Melinda from Gildaf and she has some amazing dogs as well. As for working vs. show, if you go to a reputable breeder each will likely have a pup that fits your household. They will pick the pup that they believe will compliment your household. Not all working lines are crazy high energy dogs with no turn off switch and not all show lines are lazy dogs with no drive.

" If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them"

Starting the search for my next family member!

Danielle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page