German Shepherds Forum banner

WGSD beeders west coast

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  arycrest 
#1 ·
Hello, and thanks in advance for your patience. I am new to GSDs. Been a lab person all of my life. Recently lost my last one to old age. My wife has had a GSD before and has experessed an interest in another. Looking for a reputable WGSD breeder on west coast. Preferably northern CA. I know don't pick buy color... well she wants a white. Looking for family companion, no show, good tempermant and health. We have two kids 9 and14. I work from home and plan on training for a reliable companion. Looking for a friend to spend my days with, we are fairly active, enjoy camping, but want a dog that is just as happy laying by the fire as he is on a long walk.

Any recommendations and advice is welcome. Looking specifically for a puppy as my 9 year old daughter has never had the experience. Money is not a big issue, however do not want to spend a fortune on a show quality dog, that will never be shown or bred.

I know the questions to ask, and have been doing my research on the breed, but personal recomndations are always helpfull.

Thanks again.

#3 · (Edited)
I agree Linda would be a good breeder to contact.

There are several WGSD dog clubs you can also contact.
WHITE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB OF AMERICA - WGSDCA
WHITE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB INTERNATIONAL, INC - WGSDCII
WHITE SHEPHERD CLUB OF CANADA - WSCC
AMERICAN WHITE SHEPHERD ASSOCIATION - AWSA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.