Sequoyah Shepherds.... - Page 13 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #121 (permalink)

I haven't posted much lately, but glad to see this thread pop back up. Nothing but good things to say about Sequoyah here.

I have posted a ton of pictures over the last couple years, but
this is Icon. He is from the first Rayna / Patron breeding. He will be 2 in January.

damaya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #122 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Man, those Sequoyah shepherds are so pretty! I still miss seeing updates about Killian. That dog is amazing!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
I still miss seeing updates about Killian.
Yeah. WW was one of the first people I met here. Don't know what happened there. She was a regular here.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #124 (permalink)
Master Member

Icon is a handsome dude. If you don't mind, I'd be interested to know how he is to live with?
GrammaD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #125 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Victoria just had twins and is a little busy. :-). Killian is doing well and is handsome as ever.....
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaD View Post
That is a breeding that really interests me. I have 2 hesitations- 1. Huxley will only be just over a year old and 2. I'm not sure that my home, basically a pet home where we dabble in dock jumping, agility, rally and obedience, is a good fit for working line dogs.

You will have to post lots of pictures of your pup so I can live vicariously through you
I am not worried about him being from the working class. Sherle will match me up with a good dog for my needs. Its all in a good breeder.
Dan mc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie86 View Post
Victoria just had twins
Wow. Congratulations to her. I'd say she is a little busy. Tell her to tell Killian his cousin Icon said "hello".
Old 11-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaD View Post
Icon is a handsome dude. If you don't mind, I'd be interested to know how he is to live with?
Thanks.
Icon is a blast to live with. He shares his 4k square feet with myself, my wife, and 10 and 12 year old girls.
kidding..... He spends the majority of his time with us inside except for a few hours a day he may be in his own space. He minds very well, and will let you know immediately when it is time to go out for a break. The only time it may get a bit testy is if he has not had a chance to exercise. Nasty rainy days we may only get to go to the basement for some inside activity, and that only works for a bit. He needs to go all out for a while daily. Ball, swim, run, chase, something to burn off the energy, but that is what we wanted.

I know Icon has more potential than he is using right now. Even though he comes from working lines he was selected to be a pet first, and he does a great job of that.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #129 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
I know Icon has more potential than he is using right now. Even though he comes from working lines he was selected to be a pet first, and he does a great job of that
This is my concern. I will never be the owner who uses a GSD to their full potential. I love my dogs, I take very good care of them and we have a lot of fun together, but I go to agility and rally and obedience and dock jumping for fun and bonding more than I do for competition. I kind of lack a competitive spirit in that regard.

So I like dogs who can do all that and enjoy it and I really like "sassy" in a dog but I also want a dog who can hang out in the family room and mellow. So far I have been lucky in that regard. I don't want to push my luck and I certainly do not want to put a dog into a situation/lifestyle that is not appropriate for their temperament and abilities.
GrammaD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #130 (permalink)

Icon the "working dog" inside about 2 minutes ago. Definitely sassy and sometimes mellow.

I understand what you are saying though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.