Any one have any experience with Shewana Shepherds in IL?? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any one have any experience with Shewana Shepherds in IL??

Hey everybody! I just joined here but I've been checking out the site for some time now. My girlfriend and I have been planning on getting a GSD for months and have spoke with several breeders. If there is anyone who owns a Shewanna puppy or has any other info on them besides their website, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
JPrice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

No experience, but just the fact they are not offering pedigree info on these dogs, focus heavily on "colors", and appear to do NO working of their dogs, sell their dogs on a first come, first serve basis:

Shewana Shepherds uses a "first come, first serve" policy for our Reservation Plan. As reservations are received, the name of the buyer is placed on our reservation list. The first reservation is then able to make an appointment to see the particular litter in order to make their selection. The second reservation will be next, and so on.

I would, quite honestly, look elsewhere.

Based on the information provided on their website I see them nothing more than a glorified puppy mill. I mean, they let you "order" your dog?!

They make you approve your food choice through them or it nullifies the guarantee.
GSDElsa is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I know someone who "took care" of their kennel for years......let's just say,.(out of the 6+ GSD dogs she owns)... she does not own one of their dogs....
Personally....I do not know the breeders.
robinhuerta is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I know you don't want comments on the website but sometimes......that is more than enough.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Shewana Shepherds ~ Home of Truly Special German Shepherd Dogs!

I see nothing on pedigree info either...I'd look elsewhere, so many other good breeders to choose from!

Did you see this sticky?
Things to look for in a 'Responsible' Breeder
Old 02-19-2011, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhuerta View Post
I know someone who "took care" of their kennel for years......let's just say,.(out of the 6+ GSD dogs she owns)... she does not own one of their dogs....
Personally....I do not know the breeders.
Yikes. Thanks for the input. I've been researching getting a GSD in Illinois for months now. The only problem is that I'm planning for the future, and wanted to call ahead to all of the breeders. I've read many good things about you all at Team Huerta but can't seem to get the website to work or find tons of information. I'm a looking to get a puppy in August if that helps and any other information would be appreciated as well. We are set on getting one, but our current living situation is holding us back until August 1st.
Thanks
JPrice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
vat
Knighted Member

I have had 3 dogs from there. Please PM me if you want to chat.

Shewana's Maximum Velocity (aka Max)
Shewana's Hot-Spice (aka Callan)

Kaycee 11/97-5/10
Rio 10/08-2/10

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
vat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
vat
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDElsa View Post
No experience, but just the fact they are not offering pedigree info on these dogs, focus heavily on "colors", and appear to do NO working of their dogs, sell their dogs on a first come, first serve basis:

Shewana Shepherds uses a "first come, first serve" policy for our Reservation Plan. As reservations are received, the name of the buyer is placed on our reservation list. The first reservation is then able to make an appointment to see the particular litter in order to make their selection. The second reservation will be next, and so on.

I would, quite honestly, look elsewhere.

Based on the information provided on their website I see them nothing more than a glorified puppy mill. I mean, they let you "order" your dog?!

They make you approve your food choice through them or it nullifies the guarantee.
You do NOT order your dog! When you pay a deposit AFTER viewing the parents you are placed on the list. Just like any other breeder here in this state it is if you pay first you get first pick, etc.

Kaycee 11/97-5/10
Rio 10/08-2/10

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
vat
Knighted Member

Oh and I also forgot to add you should not call a breeder a puppy mill unless you have personal experience! It is slander!

Kaycee 11/97-5/10
Rio 10/08-2/10

Old 02-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Hopefully.....we should have a "working website" in about 2 weeks.
We are currently adding pics to the gallery.....and my "computer person" can only work on the site on weekends.
It will be a no "frills" site.....just info about us, our dogs (past & present)..which will shape our future.
I will post the link...as soon as it is up & running.
Thanks to all who have shown an interest in us!
Robin
robinhuerta is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.