Goble Kennel - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Goble Kennel

Were in the New england area, and we are looking for a pet/family DDR GSD for our family. I have been searching and searching, and i like the sounds of Goble Kennel in Nh. Does anyone have any feedback on their breedings or their progeny? I have tried searching online and cannot find anything. I thank you in advance!!
Doglovin'mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Welcome to the site!

Goble Kennels | East German Shepherd Breeders Dogs and Puppies | Loudon, NH
this is the kennel?
Not much info, do they work their dogs so the know the attributes to the breeding matches? I didn't see any dogs with titles or that they say they are doing anything with them other than breeding. Their dogs are from Von Hena
I would go to the Von Hena kennel first!
http://www.vonhena-c.com/

Last edited by onyx'girl; 09-08-2010 at 10:02 PM.
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Are you only looking for breeders in your area, state, region or all around?
Ace952 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have / had a couple dogs out of vonhena c lines, love them to death.

I am not sure if I missed the peds on just which dogs are out of von hena c's on the Goble sight, but I do like that he's gone that extra mile in health testing, dna etc.

If he's close to you, your looking for a family companion, I would definately check them out.

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yes, were in Massachusetts, so we wanted to keep looking in the New england area, as we want to meet the parents, and see what kind of temperment they have. I am only looking for a family companion sort of dog, we have no ambitions to do sch or showing, etc. I have emailed with the owner, and i know that they do not have any titles, but one of his studs that he recommended me to as my son is on the lighter end of the autism spectrum, highly functioning, is a certified therapy dogs, and hes had his dogs go to families with children with autism, and they have done wonderfully. We are definitly not looking for a super high drive dog, but definitly with a medium sort of drive, that is able to calm down once in the house, not inciting my kids, which the siberian huskies that my parents have, do all of the time.
Should titles be one of your main concerns when getting a family companion. There are so many breeders, its so hard to tell whats the most important. I know on our list are temperment and health.
We are going up for a visit in the next couple of weeks, what are the things you should look for when vistiting? What are the right questions to ask?
Thanks so much for your help!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Titles shows that the breeder is working their dogs so they know the strengths and weaknesses.
When breeders are just breeding, without doing anything with their dogs, it just seems like they aren't really investing in their own program, so why would I want to, just my opinion.
the sticky on the top of this forum has info on what to look for, questions to ask.
Things to look for in a 'Responsible' Breeder

If you want a dog for service or therapy, and he is placing dogs for this, then it will probably be a good fit!
I think the Von Hena lines are gorgeous-the male Wolfgang with the therapy title is very handsome on the Goble site
Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I saw some pics on that site that didn't look too clean....that would put me off if I were having a pup shipped, but since you can go in person you'll get a better idea. Other than that if your looking for a companion dog seeing their temperaments in person is important. My son is autistic too and Zoe our GSD is great with him!
Zoeys mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ohh thats great to hear! What part of the pictures did not appear clean, do you mean the actual facilities or the lines of the dog. Im sorry for my ignorance!!
I learned my lesson about getting a dog shipped without meeting the parents, we had a bad experience when our family bought one of our siberian huskies while growing up, and i vowed i wouldnt buy a dog without ever meeting the parents again!
thanks so much for the info!!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yes Wolfgang , the therapy dog, was the stud he recommended, when he described his personality, it sounded exactly what we were looking for!
Should i be concerned that none of the dogs have titles?
Old 09-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It was pictures of the puppies that looked dirty. Not that pups don't get dirty but photographing and advertising that seems a little lazy and gross to me.http://www.goblekennels.com/Images/D...%20pix_2-1.JPG

Here's one of the pics. While I know it's just saw dust cleaning it off would have made for a better pic. Other than that there is no info on titling which may not be important if this is just a companion dog, but all the same it's a nice investment to see. Ask about hip and elbows as well as specific genetic testing, and of course get their vets name and number
Zoeys mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.