Does anybody know anything on Kreative Kennels? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does anybody know anything on Kreative Kennels?

Im looking at Kreative Kennels and i noticed they have alot of dogs. They train them if you want or you can buy a dog that has already been trained. Would anybody recommend getting a puppy from them? Is the breeding in any of their dogs good or bad? I dont know much on bloodlines and im wanting a dog with good bloodlines but also a working type dog; like family protection.
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

HUGE place....think about the character of a dog - the place he should be in when in a home....in a family....what optimizes the sucess of any pup or dog to be a valuable family member....do you feel you will get a social, well balanced, individual with the mental tools to fit into the dynamics of your home/life from a supplier with a catalog of options like this? Buying a car off of a big list of available models loaded with different options/colors/styles is just that - buying an inanimate object that you order knowing exactly what you will get..............

I know what I feel - I think with some soul searching - you may come to the same conclusion

Lee

wolfstraum.net

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

I have no first hand account of the place.
I have read on other forums from people who have been there personally and mentioned that while it is a nice place they weren't too thrilled about them having over 150 dogs (not including puppies). Others also mentioned that the trainers in the videos didn't seem too great.

Now, the breeding dogs that they have their are very nice imports. They spent the moneya nd got som great imports to breed dogs. Their prices on the other hand IMHO are extremely high. $2500 + shipping for a puppy!?!?? That is way too high and you can certainly find the same bloodlines from another breeder for $1000 less.

I will admit when I first started looking for puppies I did see their website but their prices turned me off.

I say check out pedigree database. Do a search on KreativeKennels in the forums sectiona nd you can read some threads and the concerns some people have had. As always nothing beats first hand experience but $2500 is too much for a pup. Wolfstraum mad some great points which I have read before about this breeder from other people.
Ace952 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

I know this is a little late, but I just stumbled across this website. I have been to Kreative Kennels and purchased two puppies. I originally got my female from them because of their location (I am not one to buy sight unseen). They took the time to show me each and every puppy, gave me detailed descriptions of the parents personality (I was at their training site, not their breeding site) and after what seemed like hours of my looking I finally picked my new dog. She is the best dog we have ever owned, I have never once regretted purchasing her. When Mason got a little older, we decided to get another puppy and there was never any doubt of where we were going. This time I went to their breeding site and got to meet both pups parents and some others that I had admired from the web site. Every word I was told about Mason's parents were true. Every employee and the owners are friendly, courteous and knowledgable about the dogs.

In regards to what Wolfstraum was saying, I agree to a small extent. The puppies at Kreative are played with and handled from birth with adults and kids alike. The older dogs are for the most part kept in kennels, but they are brought into homes and for car rides. In my humble opinion, it would be a big adjustment for any dog and or puppy to be brought into another home regardless if they were raised in a kennel or a home. There is always an adjustment period where everyone gets into a routine and rules are learned.

Yes, buying a puppy from Kreative is very expensive, I very well could have probably gotten a puppy of similar breeding for less else where and maybe I would be just as thrilled as I am about my dogs and this breeder or maybe not. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't change anything, high price tag or not.
GSDAddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Makes me wonder how well the pups are socialized with as many dogs that are there. I have heard from a client that their population is quite large
Faust Cierna Vdova ZVV1, BH
NarysDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

interesting... we have a Kreative Kennel here, but from what i know the one here is a mom and pop shop....
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

They seemed to have imported nice dogs for breeding stock. What I find interesting is that they apparently don't keep and title anything of their own breeding to use. I saw one female with "from Kreative" in her name but no titles. Just an observation.
Annette

www.coppercreekdvg.com- All Breed Schutzhund Club

Home of Umarek von Hugelblick, my good luck charm!
bocron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Seems like a lot of dogs in one place to me.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Are you interested in operation of the kennel or quality of the dogs?
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffson1 View Post
Are you interested in operation of the kennel or quality of the dogs?
I think I know where you are going but I wait to see.

I think the quality of stud dogs they have are super nice.
As for the kennel itself and how it is run...I have no clue but wonder how it is.
Ace952 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.