anyone know this breeder -> von Salerno. pedigree info here. pls help - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default anyone know this breeder -> von Salerno. pedigree info here. pls help

anyone has any review about this breeder Von Salerno von salerno? someone is offering me puppy of jewels and zasko. I have to give deposit or answer by tomorrow. pls help asap.
(goal w/ new GSD is mostly companion. but also would love to do some sports-> agility or schutzhund. )

here is the pedigree:

dad: VA9 (USA) Zasko von Salerno pedigree information - German shepherd dog
mom: V Jewels von Salerno pedigree information - German shepherd dog
neupane00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Don't know anything about the breeder, but the dogs look nice. The website leaves a little bit to be desired, bit I'm a firm believer in judging the dogs, not the web design

Have you met these parents/their breeders in person?

Also, dogs are West German show-type, so they should suit your listed needs.
atravis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

yeah. for what i need mostly companion.. and some sports. they should be fine.. right? or will german show dogs dont do any schutzhund at all? i know they are not as strong as working line dogs. but hat would also mean i would need to give them lot more exercise. so i was thinking german show line works fine for me.
no.. never met parents or breeders. they are in cali.. i am in NJ.
how does the pedigree look of dad and mom of the pup? anyone knows those line? can they work at all?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

The German Showline dogs can certainly do schutzhund- there's one at the club I'm going to that's doing very well. I wouldn't call them the best line of dog for the work, nothing you'd see at a national level, but for club level, yes. Absolutely.

I'm not sure of this particular line, as I'm not very well versed on the showlines, but going strictly on the pedigree... I'd say these dogs look good. Lots of V and VA ratings (which basically means "good" and "very good" for German show dogs).

I'd definitely call the breeders, though, and get a dialog going. Always best to know your breeder, even if its just through phone conversations/emails.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If you have to decide in a day, I would be a bit leary to rush? When you are feeling pressure to make a decision, it usually doesn't end well.
I would ask for other puppy buyers names for references from the kennel and look at what the parents(individually of course if this isn't a repeat breeding) have produced as well.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

wow.. just talked to lady., and she was super nice.. she knew the line very well. i had pedigree up and was just talking to her and she was telling me about dogs 3 generations ago just from memory. we will see how this goes. she told me the same thing. this line has working titles but nothing close to true working dogs.. (she was being honest). she was like these will be "NICE companion dog who can work". NOT "great working dog, who are also bit of companion"
Old 04-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
If you have to decide in a day, I would be a bit leary to rush? When you are feeling pressure to make a decision, it usually doesn't end well.
I would ask for other puppy buyers names for references from the kennel and look at what the parents(individually of course if this isn't a repeat breeding) have produced as well.
that is true.. but here is the situation. i am not buying directly from breeder. breeder gave a pick to her friend.. (she owed this guy from their last trade of sch1 titled girl.. some trade in the past).. now this guy who owns the dog put her up for sale and apparently trying to make quick move. the puppy is now almost 5 months old.
so i talked to guy who currently has the dog. and then i called kennel, the lady well remembered the puppy and said the same thing guy told me (how they had previous trade and gave him puppy ).
Old 04-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Glad to hear the breeder was helpful, and knew the lines so well...that is, of course, always a big plus.

Hope everything goes well for you, regardless of what you choose!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LARHAGE

I see this breeder at all the shows out here and they are gorgeous dogs, she had a male named Zathan a few years back that was to die for, a lot of his blood is in her lines.

To err is human, to forgive, is canine.
LARHAGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

**Please send this information in a private message. Thank you, ADMIN**
GSD0207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.