Anyone have a dog from Royalair? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Anyone have a dog from Royalair?

Hi!

I have a pup from Royalair Shepherds (Robin Krumm) out of Grinnell IA, and I was wondering if anyone else has a dog/pup from there. Our girl is doing great, I'm just wondering if anyone else has a dog from there.

Pictures would be great!

~Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Re: Anyone have a dog from Royalair?

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...page=0&fpart=1
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

*Please PM poster if you'd like additional information*

My Kenzo 07/2007-11/2008 RIP My Baby Boy

Laila Pester-ella (the evil minpin) DOB:11/2007

VALIUM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Greetings, Julie.

Both of my GSDs are from Royalair. Djibouti just turned 14mos old & Sam (his Grandma) was 10 last Dec. Samantha is Kody's dam & can be seen in his picture pedigree.

I've got 3 other dogs & an Irish Wolfhound coming (hopefully!) within the next year so I'm currently full up on dogs but my next GSD will also come from Robin. I love her dogs. Djibouti has been everything I wanted 10 times over.
RubyTuesday is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm getting a dog from Royalair in about 10 days. A boy out of Misty and Silver Mark. This is my third shep puppy and after extensive research for most of last year I am satisfied that Robin and her dogs are respected in the German Shepherd pet community and that she is known for breeding healthy dogs, with good temperments, over many, many years. I've actually had an eye on her kennel for about 6 years now. The type of shepherd she breeds is not considered correct due to it being oversized and with a more relaxed temperament than the dogs that more closely fit the standard. I compete in AKC and UKC obedience and Rally and this type of shep will be perfect for my next partner.

I've been very impressed with the accepting attitude of the wonderful folks on this board. People who like American lines get on well with folks that like German Lines and the length of coat and amount of white on it doesn't seem to impact their friendliness. I'm looking forward to learning a lot about puppy raising techniques when my little bundle of joy comes home.
Who are the sire and dam of your pup?

Wendy
Countess Windstorm Willow HSAs, CD, HTDI-s, PT, CGC
Royalair's Silver Bark
wbzorker is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 04:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Wendy B.I'm getting a dog from Royalair in about 10 days. A boy out of Misty and Silver Mark. This is my third shep puppy and after extensive research for most of last year I am satisfied that Robin and her dogs are respected in the German Shepherd pet community and that she is known for breeding healthy dogs, with good temperments, over many, many years. I've actually had an eye on her kennel for about 6 years now. The type of shepherd she breeds is not considered correct due to it being oversized and with a more relaxed temperament than the dogs that more closely fit the standard. I compete in AKC and UKC obedience and Rally and this type of shep will be perfect for my next partner.
Congrats! I've also had my eye on Royalair for quite a while now. I've only heard good things from people I've talked to who have dogs from them (or related to the same lines.) I contacted them about adopting on of their dogs (Candis) but unfortunately someone else snatched her up first.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

im going to ask this question here since this is specifically about this breeder: is this the same breeder who is breeding a grossly oversized male to a female who was not even a year old? is this what a good breeder does? do i have my facts wrong? or can you breed in this fashion ans still have a "good reputation?"

owned by:
Kimba (gsd) 5/9/07
Saby the mutt~1/15/01
Frisco (gsd) 6/21/02
Luka (feline)d.o.b.~2004
RIP-canines-Buddy, Roxy, Kujo, Kato, Pierre
felines-Chanel, Panther, TJ
roxy84 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Derek, same one. To breed with only OFA preliminaries is inexcusable. And sorry, but some of the dogs look like mastiff or malamute mixes.

I just can't consider dogs from Royalair German shepherd dogs. GSDs are medium-large dogs, not giant dogs, and they are working dogs. They are not low drive couch potatoes. But people want low drive golden retrievers in 130 lb German shepherd-looking bodies, so they go to breeders who breed dogs that look like German shepherds but aren't really German shepherds. To each their own, I guess.

I applaud the breeders who embrace the standard and work hard to produce German shepherds that look like German shepherds, act like German shepherds, and work like German shepherds, regardless of line.

Training @ The Canine Center - St Cloud, FL
"German shepherd dog breeding is working dog breeding or it is not German shepherd dog breeding." -v. Stephanitz
DianaM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I don't have any info except what I read in the other thread, but the person who started that thread said she thought it was an accidental breeding. I can't think of any reason they would breed a dog who was not OFA'd yet since all the other Royalair breeding dogs are OFA'd hips and elbows.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Wow, I didn't want to start a fight about Royalair. I love my dog, and I just wanted to see if anyone else out here had a pup from one of her litters so we could compare pics. Jeeze.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.