What are you looking forward to about fall/winter? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default What are you looking forward to about fall/winter?

I love summer, and was happy it came and was beautiful beach weather, but now I am ready for it to cool down and be fall and winter!

I am looking forward my birthday coming up and all the holidays that go along with the seasons. Literally my favorite time of year! I am a Christmas freak. I love decorating and all the movie countdowns and just the spirit of it all. This will be the first Christmas without my Grandpa, whom I was very close with, so that will be a little difficult, but I know he would want me to celebrate with his memory.

I am looking forward to the cooler weather and being able to take Titan out for a run/walk at noon without fear of the heat! He is totally looking forward to that too.. he LOVES the cold.

Tourist are gone!!!!!! Woooo.... we are tourist central here and now that summer is coming to an end, they are leaving. I hate to sound so excited but until you've lived in tourist central you will probably never understand. Traffic, terrible drivers (by virtue of not knowing the area), grocery stores packed, grocery stores out of common items, etc.

Bugs are going to be hybernating or doing whatever bugs do when it gets cold! Yay!

I am also looking forward to my cruise!!! It's coming up in a monthish, and I have been waiting so patiently! Cannot wait for that.

The one and only thing (that I can think of) I am not super excited about is the amount of time it will take to tucker Titan out.. he thrives in the cold and while now, a 15 minutes play/fetch session will knock him out, this will turn into a much longer timeframe.

What about you guys?

Whitney
and
Commander Charly Titan-15 Jan 2010
wyoung2153 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I'm looking forward to Oktoberfest and cooler weather.

I'm also looking forward to spending much more time outdoors training and working with Lisl without the insect world following my ankles around trying to get a drink of blood every time I stop moving.

I'm also looking forward to the beautiful trees, crisp mornings, and Sunday afternoons on my patio with a fine German beer.

An Unhappy German is a Sour Kraut!
MichaelE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I love the slight chill in the air, the autumn colours, Thanksgiving, and NO BUGS!

For winter I do love snow - just not plowing it and driving in it. Around here the snow can start in Novemeber and last until April so it can be a very very very long winter. Oh well, the price of being Canadian Christmas is my favourite holiday for sure - the Christmas tree, decorations, planning presents, spending time with family, the Christmas songs and carols...

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love summer and will miss it dearly. My pup is long haired, though, and I know he'll be wanting to be outside all the time when the weather cools. I'll have to make sure I have warm sweaters and boots.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Sweater weather for sure, awesome boots , nice walks and runs during the cooler mornings. I love fall it's my favorite season.
AngelaA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Love it.. these all sound lovely I can't wait to actually be cold when I go to bed vs turning on 10 fans and the AC to cool down!

Whitney
and
Old 09-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Yeah sweater weather, revival of my chloe paddington, knee high leather boots with hooded leather jackets, bath n body works fall collection, no 12 year old girls practically wearing jean underwear on the town, tunic flowy tops, not smelling like coconut.....shellac manicures in sexy greys laying off the pedicures, not sweating to death. Crisp apple pie and warm lattes..the end of in your face pinks (pretty sure vogue predicted soft matte purples blues and yellows for the summer but it got canned by loud abrasives). Jogging again, lululemons new collection. I will shut up but I am so looking forward to seeing yucky hot days go away.
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslesleedavis1 View Post
Yeah sweater weather, revival of my chloe paddington, knee high leather boots with hooded leather jackets, bath n body works fall collection, no 12 year old girls practically wearing jean underwear on the town, tunic flowy tops, not smelling like coconut.....shellac manicures in sexy greys laying off the pedicures, not sweating to death. Crisp apple pie and warm lattes..the end of in your face pinks (pretty sure vogue predicted soft matte purples blues and yellows for the summer but it got canned by loud abrasives). Jogging again, lululemons new collection. I will shut up but I am so looking forward to seeing yucky hot days go away.
Yes! to all the above!! I am looking forward to cool nights and hot drinks and we can finally attempt our fireplace!!!! I want to get a bonfire pit too then the whole fashion deal and I didn't even think of the laying off the pedicures!! That will be happening. And all the warm meals to be cooked.. chilis, stroganoffs, stews, pot pies mmmm

Whitney
and
Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am looking forward to cool mornings and mulled cider over the fire . I look forward to not mowing the yard and my garden being done. I'm sure by December Ill be ready for fresh tomato .I'm looking forward to lighting up our fireplace and to making soup on a cold winter's day.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am looking forward to getting another semester done. I haven't had enough hot weather this year. There haven't been very many weekends that have reached the 30oC mark. Weekdays don't count since my office is basically kept at refrigerator temperature. It's been sweater weather all summer.
angelas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.