Tell us something you normally wouldn't - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jang View Post
I was a drug addict...almost 14 years clean now...I had 3 westies and put my habit ahead of my dogs and gave them away..I still look at every westie see and wonder if it is one of mine..So many regrets when you have a past like mine...Never thought I would expose myself like this on this forum....But, people learn from other peoples mistakes and if my mistakes can help someone, then I will take the hits for revealing this part of myself...blessings to all..
Good for you jang for cleaning up and learning from your past. ! I don't consider what we do in our past mistakes... We live and we learn from all of our actions. Maybe they wernt the best decisions you made but who are we to judge what you have done.
Congratulations is all I have to say.

My life on the other hand is an open book, I am 27 years old with a 10 and 6 year old. I had my daughter at the age of 17, and I beat the "odds" of being a successful teen mom. Ive finally decides to go back to school, starting tomorrow I will be a full time student. Going back for Customs- Border Patrol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
bob_barker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I was in a bad relationship and lost everything. I lost my job, my apartment, all my belongings, everything. My son stayed with my mom for a short time and I had to bring two if my dogs to the shelter. It was about 13 yrs ago and not a day goes by that I don't think about those dogs. They were my life. As I write this I am crying, it complete tears me up and makes me sick. I couldn't find anyone to help with them and for a long time I was angry at my mom especially because I still feel she could have helped. Since then I have pulled two of my dogs and one of my cats from that same shelter. In some way it kind of made me feel better going back there and helping an animal. I think my need to help dogs or really any animal stems from that. I have also helped others that are or were in the same situation as I was because I know how awful it was and nobody should have to go through that. That is why I still have the two cats that were suppose to be gone already. If I give up on them it would be just like what happened all those yrs ago and my heart couldn't take that again. I can still see their faces as I walked away from them, strangers were hugging me trying to make me feel better, the staff was hugging me, it was very emotional and now as I continue writing this I'm bawling like a baby and that ache in my heart is back with a vengeance....
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Iam an obsessive compulsive clean freak and iam with a man 18 years older then me.
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Bob Barker..Thank you for the kind words....
Lombardo..you made me cry....I am sorry you had to go through that stuff
Old 09-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Member

There is nothing worse than someone telling you to "just be happy!"
Hyperbole and a Half its just a comic way of sort of showing a piece of what depression is since most people assume its just a gloomy day or stage in a life. The dead fish comic is my favorite. So true!
Hyperbole and a Half: Depression Part Two

Last edited by VTGirlT; 09-01-2014 at 05:37 PM.
VTGirlT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Elite Member

Apparently no one else wants to play!!! This is good..after all it is only an anonymous web site...
Old 09-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master Member

I regret getting Zoe. My kids (my 3 girls especially) are absolutely completely in love with her. I am too of course but they're just little girls. I feel like I'm setting them up for this huge horrible heartache. I still remember when my dog ran away as a kid. I don't think I've ever cried so much. I made posters and searched and called around forever. For years I'd think I had seen him or make myself sick emotionally thinking of him being lost and scared. I can't imagine any way you lose your pet is any easier. Zoe is still a baby so it's not even an issue yet. I just get worried when we are having a bad week that something will happen that will take her from us. It gives me the worst anxiety. I know I can't keep my babies from heartbreak but I feel like I've set them up for it in the long run.
ZoeD1217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jang View Post
Apparently no one else wants to play!!! This is good..after all it is only an anonymous web site...
This is not an anonymous website at all for most of us, here.

A lot of us know people in real life, and lots of people on facebook. If we said the wrong thing, it could easily come back to bite us in real life. (I'm speaking from personal experience here)

I don't have anything to add for that reason, but I do respect those brave enough to share and those that have recovered from some very difficult times.
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
DJEtzel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeva View Post
Tell us something you normally wouldn't.

Here's my story. It's been over a year since this happened and trust me I don't ever let my pups out unsupervised anymore...ever Ever EVER...Now they simply have free roam of the house...

Anyway, a day or two after we moved into our new home, we went to do some grocery shopping. We left the dogs to roam free in our yard. Inside it was too messy and they didn't have free roam of the house yet. The fencing in our yard is wooden and about 7 feet high. I have no idea why we didn't crate them...

When we returned our neighbor came over. Said his utility guy saw Zeeva jump the fence out of our yard and jump back into our yard. Also said (he was gone so doesn't exactly know what happened) there was a missing wood panel on our side of the fence that our neighbor had hopped over into our yard and replaced.

Here's the worst part :C one of our pups killed one of his less than 10 pound dogs (he had 3). Either Smokey got through the missing panel area, or Zeeva hopped over; we don't know. That pup went to the vet and had to be PTS after some treatment didn't help.

My neighbor wasn't angry. He was concerned. He was kind. All he said was 'I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect us if need be' which we told him is understandable. We talk to him if we see him around now. We are very lucky...

My neighbors dogs are outside 24/7. I can see them through the spacing between the panels. He has a chihuahua (less then 5lbs; honestly it's smaller than my smallest cat) and some kind of mayyybe(?) beagle mix (that is probably around 10lbs). Zeeva fence fights with the beagle mix. They still antagonize each other by scratching at the panels...

I've learned from this experience of course. It still haunts me that one of my dogs has such a capacity although what happened no one knows...

So that's my ghastly story...

Are you brave enough for this thread?
I have read this whole thread to this point. There are some impressive stories in here. Congrats to the people who have accomplished what they have and a heart felt pat on the back to ones feeling subjected either through their personal lives or through this forum.

Thought about contributing, but decided to leave the past buried in the past.
jafo220 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Elite Member

I am currently being tested for auto immune diseases (lupus, ms, als, etc) and I am terrified. My dreams of competing schutzhund are dashed. No reputable large dog breeder (GSD, doberman, etc) would sell me a dog. I can't walk. My joints hurt. Not fond of small dogs. If I drop a leash, can't run after a puppy...so risky. I don't know what I will do.
Zira “To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” -J.K Rowling
ShenzisMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.