So how did you all become friends? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_Loves_Hydraulics View Post
Well, I hope this is not true. If it is, I can honestly say what a shame that may be. To be honest, after some of the threads I've read and some of the ways breeders responded, it totally turned me off. As mentioned, I am a marketing/sales manager for a large industrial hydraulic supplier. We deal with many accounts, some of them large OEM's, some of them are just small one man show repair centers. Regardless, they are all current/potential customers. I do not treat the small shop any different than the OEM (well besides pricing maybe lol). Now, I know this isn't the greatest comparison because in no way am I saying that every person here is a sales person. But what I will say is this: I don't care if you have the best dog with the best lines with the most titles in the whole wide world. If you are a jerk, I will go elsewhere. Also, word of mouth is a powerful force. If you are difficult to deal with, overly opinionated, or consider yourself superior, good luck in life. That might work for a while, but it always fails at some point. I, on the other hand, would like to establish relationships not just with pet owners, but with all types of people. Why limit yourself to only one certain type of person? I feel that being close minded in this way only allows you to see through the scope you have constructed, not the one that actually exists. I think we all have things to learn from one another. I work in a business where everyone thinks they should be the final authority on everything. If I had a dollar everytime I heard the phrase, "Well, I've been doing this for (insert your supposed years here)", I would be a millionaire 3 times over. But going off topic here, the fact is I think that having connections with people in different aspects of pet ownership is amazing. It gives you an insight on the diversity of any breed, and allows for great discussions. Hopefully I'll see a shin dig that's for everyone whether you are sport, pet owner, or breeder!
Just my observation. I can be wrong.

I'm actually the same way. I'm equally polite to everyone, servers, bosses, homeless, whoever. until you do something that makes me feel like I can be a bitch I will be nice no matter where you come from. I can also be friends with anyone as long as they're my kind of people.

I think it says something about people when they're condescending to waiters or delivery people, for example.
lalachka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalachka View Post
little kids
I resemble that comment...

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 04:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
Well, that's is what makes a "forum" so wonderful....all kinds of opinions and mentalities. If we all sang the same tune ...what would we learn?

Even though I think breeders can be an eccentric bunch and the ones I have dealt with are certainly passionate about their opinions...( man, did I sugarcoat that opinion )....they do bring food for thought to the table. I love different opinions because what fun would talking to mirrors be?

SuperG
for sure. I def enjoy reading most of their posts.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
I resemble that comment...

SuperG
sorry for racking up posts (actually this is how my threads blow up)))))) I reply to myself))))))

but this was really funny. I couldn't stop from posting
Old 08-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Just know I am the result of careful breeding and selection. Both my parents were jet mechanics in the AirForce LOL!! I do have some health problems, I am told I am too tall to be hispanic. Guess I am not show quality
I think that makes me a genetic mutation then.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
J Both my parents were jet mechanics in the AirForce LOL!!
Okay...if in fact you are the product of 2 A&Ps...this should be easy...

What are the 3 types of turbine blades?

a. reaction, converging and diverging

b. impulse, reaction, and impulse reaction

c. impulse, vector, and impulse-vector

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:

SuperG
Isn't that B? I don't have any A&P relatives, but turbines made up a majority of my physics practicals.
Pax8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:

SuperG
Unfortunately, I do not know this answer, but I am quizzing my mother right now to see if she still remembers. Now if you want to know the difference between an "A" mount pump vs "B" mount pump, how to change rotation on a vane pump, what PSI you need to run to get the right amount of GPM, or what spool type you have on your directional valve, I can help!
Girl_Loves_Hydraulics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, I do not know this answer, but I am quizzing my mother right now to see if she still remembers. Now if you want to know the difference between an "A" mount pump vs "B" mount pump, how to change rotation on a vane pump, what PSI you need to run to get the right amount of GPM, or what spool type you have on your directional valve, I can help!

Omg you've lost me!

Now I will say I notice this as well. Some ppl are loved: if it's due to being known in IPO or some other sport venture. Or knowing the amount of work they do with their dogs.

I do think ppl are sick of picture threads (and no this doesn't stop me from making them) and most do go in and look but don't take time to comment.

Then some of my posts (house related and my non GSD posts) get a couple of comments and that's perfectly fine with me! And then things like "which dog breed is not your cup of tea" get like 500 responses...

Lala I think you get so many posts because you love controversial topics and you love discussions...
lauren43 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren43 View Post
Omg you've lost me!

Now I will say I notice this as well. Some ppl are loved: if it's due to being known in IPO or some other sport venture. Or knowing the amount of work they do with their dogs.

I do think ppl are sick of picture threads (and no this doesn't stop me from making them) and most do go in and look but don't take time to comment.

Then some of my posts (house related and my non GSD posts) get a couple of comments and that's perfectly fine with me! And then things like "which dog breed is not your cup of tea" get like 500 responses...

Lala I think you get so many posts because you love controversial topics and you love discussions...
AR groups and animal testing and shelter overpopulation is as controversial as it gets. nope none)))))
and then not sitting fast enough gets a few pages

I'm not being cute, I seriously don't get it

i do love discussions and controversy though

OP what made you post this thread? because you didn't get responses to the pics you posted? yeah I never get it either. some pics get none, others gets a bunch.

lots of it has to do with the person posting but then newbies get responses. I don't know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.