So how did you all become friends? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite Member

Exactly..plus we have a secret handshake....

SuperG
SuperG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalachka View Post
and there's def a breeder clique here. and...
lol let me shut up while I'm ahead)))))
Well, I hope this is not true. If it is, I can honestly say what a shame that may be. To be honest, after some of the threads I've read and some of the ways breeders responded, it totally turned me off. As mentioned, I am a marketing/sales manager for a large industrial hydraulic supplier. We deal with many accounts, some of them large OEM's, some of them are just small one man show repair centers. Regardless, they are all current/potential customers. I do not treat the small shop any different than the OEM (well besides pricing maybe lol). Now, I know this isn't the greatest comparison because in no way am I saying that every person here is a sales person. But what I will say is this: I don't care if you have the best dog with the best lines with the most titles in the whole wide world. If you are a jerk, I will go elsewhere. Also, word of mouth is a powerful force. If you are difficult to deal with, overly opinionated, or consider yourself superior, good luck in life. That might work for a while, but it always fails at some point. I, on the other hand, would like to establish relationships not just with pet owners, but with all types of people. Why limit yourself to only one certain type of person? I feel that being close minded in this way only allows you to see through the scope you have constructed, not the one that actually exists. I think we all have things to learn from one another. I work in a business where everyone thinks they should be the final authority on everything. If I had a dollar everytime I heard the phrase, "Well, I've been doing this for (insert your supposed years here)", I would be a millionaire 3 times over. But going off topic here, the fact is I think that having connections with people in different aspects of pet ownership is amazing. It gives you an insight on the diversity of any breed, and allows for great discussions. Hopefully I'll see a shin dig that's for everyone whether you are sport, pet owner, or breeder!
Girl_Loves_Hydraulics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
Exactly..plus we have a secret handshake....

SuperG
Which is only done after the secret dance....

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
Which is only done after the secret dance....

LOLOLOL.....

SuperG
Old 08-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

It really just depends on the subject. The biggest thing being, “is it polarizing?” If there can be two completely different opinions on the thread, it generally gets more people responding. If there is really just one answer, or just one opinion to be had, people are usually not going to repeat the same thing over and over again when the 4 people ahead of them have already said something.

For example, the picture threads…you won’t get anyone that tells you that your dog is ugly. Many people will also look, but probably not take the time to post “X is so cute!”
martemchik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martemchik View Post
It really just depends on the subject. The biggest thing being, “is it polarizing?” If there can be two completely different opinions on the thread, it generally gets more people responding. If there is really just one answer, or just one opinion to be had, people are usually not going to repeat the same thing over and over again when the 4 people ahead of them have already said something.

For example, the picture threads…you won’t get anyone that tells you that your dog is ugly. Many people will also look, but probably not take the time to post “X is so cute!”
I don't know why this mad me laugh, but I just pictured some weeble wooble looking old man with a comb over being angry telling everyone their dog is ugly...Ugh it is time to go home!!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
LOLOLOL.....

SuperG
Lol little kids

I meant the big and powerful breeder and sport clique doesn't like me
I'm not crying about it, just stating a fact

but i do want to be special and do the dance with the password
lalachka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 04:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
LOLOLOL.....

SuperG
See I knew I was missing out on this...While I'm sitting here typing, you guys are having a Miley Cyrus twerk fest with gang signs. Come on share in on the fun!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl_Loves_Hydraulics View Post
To be honest, after some of the threads I've read and some of the ways breeders responded, it totally turned me off.
Well, that's is what makes a "forum" so wonderful....all kinds of opinions and mentalities. If we all sang the same tune ...what would we learn?

Even though I think breeders can be an eccentric bunch and the ones I have dealt with are certainly passionate about their opinions...( man, did I sugarcoat that opinion )....they do bring food for thought to the table. I love different opinions because what fun would talking to mirrors be?

SuperG
Old 08-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
There are many people in Michigan on the board. Not sure about Metro Detroit but at least some outside the city. I think there is a SchH club not far from you. Not exactly sure where the group from Wildhaus trains but thought it was in your area.

People tend to respond based on time of day, has the subject been beat to death, is the poster combative. Stupidity almost always gets many responses! So if you aren't getting responses maybe you are just really smart!!!

Some of us have met off the board. Some of us just really get along well. Some are on our facebooks. Many of us "know" each other from before the board was bought and many don't post on here very much anymore because of the nature of the board now.

And we always like mechanical minded women. We need more of them.

ETA: Ok....just read Lala's posts. I was being a smartass. No, the stupidity getting responses is NOT directed at you, Lala!!!
Just know I am the result of careful breeding and selection. Both my parents were jet mechanics in the AirForce LOL!! I do have some health problems, I am told I am too tall to be hispanic. Guess I am not show quality
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.