New Car mistake - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default New Car mistake

I bought a new Nissan Juke recently from a local dealer. HUGE MISTAKE! Not the car....I love the car. Financing was great....salesman was great. No...the problems started after I got the car home. Next day a congratulatory email from the dealer in the morning, and a follow up phone call from the salesman that afternoon. Was the car okay? The car was fine. Was I Happy? I was happy. Any problems? Nope. No I was fine. Thank You.

Next day a congratulatory email from Nissan USA: thanks for buying the car and please let them know if there was anything they could do. Email from the dealer-please complete this survey and let them know how they were doing. The manager of finance from the dealer called to see how things were going. Things are fine thanks. They are much like they were 36 miles ago but fine. thank you for asking. TTYL.

Next day I get a snail mail letter from the local dealer thanking me for my purchase and informing me I can call them immediately if I have any problems. Of course I can.....I've got their number clogging up my phone log for the last few days. Nissan USA calls asking me to use the automated phone survey to convey my impressions of the dealership service. The salesman sends me an email asking how the car is going.

Week end comes... two days of blessed silence. Monday morning comes and I get a new snail mail letter from Nissan USA asking if all is well with my car and asking if I will take a follow up survey included in the envelope so they can improve service...and is all well with the car?

Tuesday I get yet another phone call from the salesman wanting to "check my satisfaction with the sales experience" and helpfully reminding me of their hours in case I want to inform my many monied friends about the superlative service I received.

Now I'd like to point out that at no point have I suggested there is ANYTHING wrong with the car, the salesman, the dealership, the cleanliness of the bathroom at the showroom, the politics of Nissan USA, the ethnic makeup of their workforce or their treatment of their LGBT employees, yet I am being harassed with these near frantic demands of reassurance on a regular basis. I have seemingly purchased a car from the most insecure, emotionally needy car manufacturer on the plant. This is the automotive equivalent of the neurotic relative giving you a present on Christmas day only to follow it up by tapping you on the shoulder every five minutes and asking "You did like it, didn't you? Because, you know, you could tell me if you didn't and you wouldn't hurt my feelings."

I bought the **** thing two weeks ago and I'm still getting regular phone calls from them, twice today on top of the one I got Saturday. If it wasn't too late, I'd take the car back. As it is I'm going to have to take the only other steps I can think of to avoid anymore nuisance contacts: block their phone, dump my email, change my name and move to another state.

Oh, and the car is fine. Thanks for asking.

Jelpy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Lol, I didn't get any of that when I got my Nissan in May. The salesman called me once three days after I took possession. The car has been great (put almost 10,000 km on it since). Maybe it's because I bought it used.
angelas is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

This problem is not just with Nissan. This is industry wide. I have been in the car business for most of my career and I can attest that it is ridiculous. From the dealers perspective, it is all about money. The dealer gets extra money at the end of the quarter for every car sold if their Customer Satisfaction Index numbers are above a certain level so they practically panic over it. Everyone in the dealerships compensation is tied to that CSI number. People get fired if the dealership does not hit the number. Its so annoying. I make one phone call about 3-5 days out from the sale and that is it. Mostly for general courtesy purposes. Unfortunately for my customers though, our internet department calls them and my sales manager calls them and then they receive several emails as well. I kind of get embarrassed by it all but it is part of the deal.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas View Post
Lol, I didn't get any of that when I got my Nissan in May. The salesman called me once three days after I took possession. The car has been great (put almost 10,000 km on it since). Maybe it's because I bought it used.
You are correct. There is no customer satisfaction surveys from the manufacture for used cars. Besides good common courtesy, there is no incentive for the dealer to care if you are happy after the sale when you buy a used car.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Answer the phone and tell them you are trading it in for a Toyota.

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

I work in IT, mostly Level 1 support HelpDesk and we also focus on "CSI" and similar metrics but do not harass people like that.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Tell them nicely. You already answered them several times, and they keep calling. You are going to file harassment charges and will never buy a Nissan again. "please take my name off of your call list"
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Incidentally, GM/Chev STILL send me promotional stuff like I would EVER buy another one of their pieces of garbage ever again. And I bought the Chev in 2005.
angelas is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 12:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneforce View Post
Tell them nicely. You already answered them several times, and they keep calling. You are going to file harassment charges and will never buy a Nissan again. "please take my name off of your call list"
Nah. Just call the dealership's General Manager and tell him or her that if you get a single additional call or email from his people, you are going to send their monthly CSI numbers plummeting, and give them all "1" on the survey from Nissan USA. I guarantee you'll never hear from them again--they don't want to lose them money attached to "perfect" CSI numbers. It's a big part of compensation.

There's a survey coming from Nissan USA -- THAT's where these "all important" CSI numbers are made.
Magwart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

I love our Juke! We got it just for me, my husband and the dog. Fits us perfectly and a great road trip car.
blehmannwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.